ABS repair, remove pipe from fitting

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by big2bird, Nov 13, 2012.

1. big2bird

big2bird IBEW Electrician

I need to get the 1 1/2" piece of ABS out of the 1 1/2" San T in the wall behind my vanity. What is the best way? Do I need to buy a "Hol Hawg" bit, or can I use a 2" hole saw and epoxy the new pipe in?
    I already cut it flush, and tried to collapse the pipe inside. I stopped before I butchered it up too badly to reuse. I think there is enough remaining to use as a guide.
  2. johnjh2o1

johnjh2o1 Plumbing Contractor for 49 years

3. big2bird

big2bird IBEW Electrician

I saw that John, but I was impatient. I bought an 1 7/8" hole saw, took out the pilot bit, marked it for correct depth, and drilled it out real slowly. Worked like a champ. Being a sparky, I am pretty good with a hole saw. IBEW, 33 years.