A friend did an install.....

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mojox, Jan 27, 2010.

1. mojox

mojox New Member

....yep, it's one of those. Once the work was complete and the shower tiled, we all discovered that the plumbing was set back about 1/4 - 1/2" too far. Now the handles will not fit. I've been using vice grips for over a year, now, and I guess my wife is tired of it. Not to mention, my vice grips are rusty and sometimes I need them.

The handle is designed to go over this plastic piece that has little friction edges. If these two platic pieces were just a tad longer, then I could get the handles on. Anyone know what these things are called, and if they are made in variable sizes?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Most brands of shower valves make a handle extension kit for just this situation. Call your manufacturer.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

How about a make and model, because "little plastic tabs" does not do it for me.