9100 SXT Dual Tank Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike Kaz

Reaction score
I installed a 9100SXT dual tank about a month ago with no issues. Today it developed a good leak right at the 3/4" Plastic Turbine Meter Assembly that goes into the softener and into the bypass. The tank being used was the tank that was first regenerated with it about to regenerate again. It wasnt moved or anything so not sure why it started leaking all the sudden? Could something be cracked or clogged that maybe cause a pressure build up? I pulled it a part and reattached everything with the same leak. Any ideas of what to check?

Thanks,

Bannerman

Reaction score
Could something be cracked or clogged that maybe cause a pressure build up?
Unless the water heater pressure relief valve failed to release, the pressure within the softener will be equal to your water system pressure. What pressure does you system operate at?

There could be a cracked component or if at a connection, the 'O' ring could be twisted or have a defect. Did you use food grade silicone grease lube on the 'O' rings when assembling the components?

Perhaps upload a photo showing the leakage point.

Mike Kaz

Reaction score
Pressure ranges from 40-60 lbs. Call softener place and they're sending a new Plastic Turbine Meter. Attached is a pic...

Attachments

• IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 212

Mike Kaz

Reaction score
Ya, was surprised as it was fine for about 4 weeks then it just started. It wasn't touched or moved.

Also we did use a food grade lube. I swapped out the o-rings and it was the same... Guess we'll see if the Plastic Turbine Meter fixes it.

Mike Kaz

Reaction score
The Plastic Turbine Meter Assembly fixed the leak... It had a fairly large crack in the inlet side. Odd that it took weeks to start leaking...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks