8in rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

ueRaTaRV

Reaction score
Hello, I have an unusual predicament. Original plumber that installed our basement plumbing when we built our house, stubbed in the toilet waste pipe 14in of concrete wall. Now that basement is being completed, new plumber does not have any ideas besides busting up the concrete floor. The original plumber is not in business any longer. I am hoping there is some other way to resolve this issue than pulling up the plank flooring and breaking up the concrete. The waste pipe center is 8in off the finished wall, is there anything like a Toto Unifit but reversed to create enough space to install a toilet?

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Normally a toilet can be roughed in for 10" - 12" - 14" and in the case of an 8" mistake there is always a offset floor flange that will give you 2" more

Reach4

Reaction score
8in in the title plus in the text. Also 14in in the text.

Two out of 3 would say you mean 8 inch rough, and that is a tough one.

14 rough would be easy, but I am afraid that was the typo, or you were talking about some other aspect.

ueRaTaRV

Reaction score
8in in the title plus in the text. Also 14in in the text.

Two out of 3 would say you mean 8 inch rough, and that is a tough one.

14 rough would be easy, but I am afraid that was the typo, or you were talking about some other aspect.

Unfortunately, I wish it was a typo. But the original plumber that laid out the underground stubbed in the waste pipe 14in off the concrete wall. Then cement basement floor poured, stud walls built, drywall hung, flooring installed and now the waste pipe is 8in centered away from finished drywall.

Reach4

Reaction score
I thought there might be a flushometer toilet with such a short rough-in, but I did not find one.

That offset flange could minimize breaking concrete. Is there already a closet flange attached to the pipe? How far down does the pipe go vertically before bending horizontal?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I wish it was a typo. But the original plumber that laid out the underground stubbed in the waste pipe 14in off the concrete wall. Then cement basement floor poured, stud walls built, drywall hung, flooring installed and now the waste pipe is 8in centered away from finished drywall.
Thats What I figured, 14 inch then you went and built a wall. Old, plumber, new plumber, contractor or homeowner someone screwed up easy to blame someone else. It seems to me some one had to finish some of the plumbing or at least check it befor you decided to build walls you cant build walls anywhere you want. Could have just shot 2x4 flat on wall behind toilet. But now that you got it messed up you could put an offset ring and 10inch rough toilet thatll give you 9 1/2 inches itll work

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks