6 zones and 2 are not working

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by mspross, Mar 17, 2009.

1. mspross

mspross New Member

Mar 17, 2009
    Hey everyone,
    I have a 6 zone automatic sprinkler system. I seem to be having a problem with 2 of them not coming on. The zones are on different areas of my lawn, one on the front side, the other on the last zone in the back yard.

I really have no clue on where to even start to look at what the problem may be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

One other note, I did notice that when I ran a "test" on all the stations, at one point, I heard some "whining" type noise coming from one of the stations areas. Would this have something to do with it?
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Sep 1, 2004
    Yakima WA
    I don't have a suggestion about the whining sound, but I would suggest you examine the wiring to the electric valves. There are individual hot wires coming from the controller to the valves, one to each. There is a single ground wire that are linked from one valve to the other. I suspect a couple of these has lost contact. Usually these are linked with wire nuts that have silicone fillings to keep them waterproof.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement