3/16 " hole for Zoeller Sump Pumps -where?

Users who are viewing this thread

soccer123

Reaction score
My Zoeller Sump is pumping into a Y and the bottom of the Y has an end cap with the 3/16" hole pointing (vertically) down at the water. It was installed by the plumber when the house was build. Is this arrangement releaving the "air-lock" possiblity as the pump manufacturer recomends? There is not any noticeable water splash as there would be if the 3/16" hole was higher up in the discharge line.

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
My Zoeller Sump is pumping into a Y and the bottom of the Y has an end cap with the 3/16" hole pointing (vertically) down at the water. It was installed by the plumber when the house was build. Is this arrangement releaving the "air-lock" possiblity as the pump manufacturer recomends? There is not any noticeable water splash as there would be if the 3/16" hole was higher up in the discharge line.

As long as there is a hole in the piping below the check valve and preferably below the pit lid its fine. I normally drill the hole about two to four inches up from the threaded adapter and angle it downward so the water will spray down back into the water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks