2 inch pipe to P Trap

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dw85745, Mar 15, 2013.

1. dw85745

dw85745 Member

I have a 2 inch horizontal drain line running through the wall cavity that I want to
    turn out for a bath sink. Just found out they don't make 2 inch trap adapters.

My thoughts are to downsize to 1-1/2 pipe in the wall cavity,
    then use a 90 degree for the turn and then use a 1-1/2 trap adapter.

Question:
    Is there a better way?
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

It would be helpful to see what you are dealing with, particularly what else is connected to the drain and where the vents are or will be.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Your idea is correct, but whether you can, or should, connect to that "drain line" is open for debate since we know NOTHING about it. Normally you would NOT be permitted to do it without additional design and piping work.