2 bowl sink to 1 bowl sink drain conversion

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pontiacta79, Jun 13, 2012.

1. pontiacta79

pontiacta79 New Member

we just replaced our sink which was a 2 bowl 2 drain sink to a single bowl sink, we have a dishwasher which was hooked up to drain into one drain line and i need to know what i need to do to convert over to the new sink which only needs one drain line. is there anything special i need to do to the DW drain pipe? and the other drain line? i can re plumb to use either drain line from before and with the DW if that will make any difference. thanks for any help. also we live in NC if that makes any difference also
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Will there be a garbage disposal attached to the sink?
  3. pontiacta79

pontiacta79 New Member

No disposal. Have a septic tank system
  4. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Branch tailpeice is what you need.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

quote; No disposal. Have a septic tank system

And what does that have to do with it. I have had septic systems AND disposers for over 35 years and they have coexisted peaceably. In fact, the majority of homes with septic systems in this area ALSO have disposers. But for you purposes you need a "dishwasher branch tailpiece" between the sink drain and the trap.