1929 bath drain and stopper fitting

Users who are viewing this thread

Dradprice3

Reaction score
this is the back of a bathtub in the house. I have 2 questions. First question is related to the 2 valves . they are hot and cold faucets . they have a square plug in the top. would i be able to connect pipes on here to gain a supply for hot and cold or are these controlled by the faucet?

the pipework all seems to be brass is that correct?

second question - the drain stopper in the middle has a similar faucet handle that rotates to block the drain. it connects under the bath. This pipe connects to a cast iron pipe that runs through a poured concrete slab into the garage. the cast iron pipe in the garage is cracked/rusted and leaks. how would the cast iron be connected to the brass stopper tube? screw thread? i am assuming i will have to cut the pipe in the garage and then core drill through the floor. Not sure how i would then connect back into the brass tube. The tube has standard stamped in it.

looking for any thoughts or advice.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The valves are "pass through" so you could add a shower valve above the tub faucet. You have a "submerged" tub spout and its opening is NOT usable for an overflow for several reasons. you are basically stuck with the faucet and drain you have until you decide to change the tub.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks