1927 Toilet....HELP!

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by louiesmom215, Jul 4, 2009.

1. louiesmom215

louiesmom215 New Member

We are refurbishing an old family home and would love to retain the fixtures. However, one of the original toilets is leaking. There is another identical toilet that is okay. However, we are planning ahead for the very real possibility that the second toilet will malfunction. The problem is the "neck" that connects the bowl to the water tank. Any ideas on where to get parts for this toilet or, (worse case scenario) a toilet like this one? Trying to attach a picture.....

Attached Files:

• 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      6.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      4.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      3.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

First thing you should do is check with you local building inspector and see if either of these old monster will pass inspection. There are some conditions that will allow old water hogs like this to be retained, but usually on renovations you must go with low flow designs. This old beasts likely use 7 gallons of water per flush and are really beyond consideration for keeping. I would suggest you look at the Toto line and select one that will meet modern code and last for many years with minimum repairs. Sorry to rain on your parade, but I really can see no sense in even attempting repairs on these things.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

flush ppipe

That offset flush pipe was typically American Standard. The 2134 Yorkville used it, if they still supply that model.
  4. hope it never leaks...

I recently patched ---- repaired one something like this in a home that was up for sale......

the best thing you can do is never---ever touch the unit
    if you ever have to re-set the toilet ...then you are done....

If it ever leaks at the spud going go buy about 4 plumbers epoxy tubes made by Hercules....at about 6 bucks a tube

you mix them all up and then paste them around both spuds... the more the better... It is water soluable so you can form it like a clay seal effect that should
    last for decades...

I have gotten away with murder
    many times this way.....