1 well, 1 tank, 2 houses

Users who are viewing this thread

Jack A

Reaction score
Hi, here is my situation. I have a submersible well pump with a water line running to my house (check valve, pressure switch and tank). Knowing that I wanted to build an apt in a separate garage, while the excavator was there I had him dig down the 4' at the well casing and on to the garage. I teed off from the water line going to the house and ran a 1" water line to the garage. Then he re-buried the new line. What i want is to somehow use this connection to supply water to the apt. I believe there is a check valve at the submersible so my thought was to take out the check valve just before the existing pressure tank and let the existing pressure tank and switch pressurize the other system. Will this work? If so is there any way to use a CSV valve or two to prevent cycling and hammer. I wish I had put a CSV valve in between the pump and the tee. Thanks, John

Jack A

Reaction score

Jack A

Reaction score
Thanks R4. I guess I'm gonna have to either put the CSV below the pitless adaptor or wait till spring and start digging down to the tee. I hat doing it but I will probably leave out the CSV for now but I just hope I don't damage anything in the system with water hammer. Thanks again

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks