1 pc Shower unit....I'm asking this for a friend 500 miles away.

Users who are viewing this thread

migraine

Reaction score
I have a friend in SanDiego, CA who is in need of a replacement for a failed tub and surround(Bath Fitter type)
She wants to replace the tub and enclosure with possibly a 1piece shower unit.
Question is, can these one piece shower units (32x60 or 34x60) fit through a 30" doorway with some twisting. If so/not what size opening would work.
Ferguson/Famillian has been no help, which I can't blame them.
I've never done this type of jockeying and I'm too far away to go do a measure to check., order and install. I have one day available. Room will be empty of all fixtures and cabinets.
Thanks in advance!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes it fits . done this many times I will say its not always easy , and doint kid yourself you might have to notch the stud a bit to fit tub or a pan in because when the pan is being installed atr an angle it will be over 5 ft long so Ive ripped an inch off the bottom 12 inches of a stud to get pan in and then just fill it back in or scab a stud next to it to give nailing or backing for wall covering. you gotta get a little animal with it not that bad really

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks