Search results

1. J

Help with toilet flange

Ok, I pulled up a toilet because the bathroom is being tiled. The toilet was bolted directly to the concrete floor with some anchors that were embedded in the concrete. The bolts screwed into these anchors, obviously. I tried like hell to get the nuts off of the bolts to get the toilet up, but...
  2. J

How long do copper water lines last?

What's the avg. lifespan of copper lines? I'm talking about all indoor lines, nothing underground.
  3. J

Aluminum flanges

Thanks. Well, I believe the aluminum does not join to cast iron until well underneath the floor. What I see above the ceiling is basically a semi-bowl/horn shaped piece that extends down from the floor above. I believe this entire piece is all aluminum. It then joins to cast iron probably a...
  4. J

Aluminum flanges

I guess maybe I should clarify. I guess there is no flange at all. Basically the lead/aluminum? pipe just comes up to the floor and the top 1/4 inch or so of the pipe is "folded over". Then you have anchors into the concrete/wood on either side of the pipe to secure the toilet bolts to the...
  5. J

Aluminum flanges

Ok I have 2 upstairs toilets that are giving me fits. As far as I know, they have aluminum flanges, I'm assuming original to the house, which is about 50 years old. They are connected to cast iron lines that appear to be in very good condition and flow very freely. These flanges aren't what...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks