Search results

1. C

looking for tub and surround

Agreed. That's why I have a contractor for that. We did a Lasco a couple of years ago and it came out nicely. It was a 2-piece unit that wouldn't fit up the stairs for this remodel. Do you mean real marble, or a marble-patterned Swanstone or Terestone? Speaking of Swan, any thoughts on the...
  2. C

And I forgot to mention that Swanstone is probably out of the budget, unless it costs much less than I think it does. -cb
  3. C

Hi. We want to remodel a bathroom. Currently it has an old tub with tiled walls for the shower. My wife hates tile. Absolutely refuses to consider it for the remodel. So I'm looking for tubs with matching shower walls. This is on the second floor, so I need the shower walls to be in multiple...
  4. C

fiberglass good enough?

I'm looking for a tub/shower to add to a half-bath and make it a full bath. I'd been looking mainly at acrylic units but had a hard time finding any I liked that met my criteria and my budget. My plumber asked me what I have against fiberglass and I didn't have a concrete answer for him. I'm...
  5. C

Want to add shutoff valve

Follow-up question Ok, so I've got the valve and a friend has a spare tube cutter he's going to give me. I think I'm all set. Here's the thing: suppose I screw this up and cut out too much pipe or something like that. If that happens, is there a way for me to cap the pipe without soldering so...
  6. C

I've heard mixed things about your first statement. Some people agree with it, and others say it's ok as long as you have it inspected after. One person who claimed the latter went on to say that regardless of who does it, you're supposed to pull a permit for any plumbing work. In this case...
  7. C

The pipe that goes to my outside faucet for the garden hose doesn't have a shutoff valve. I traced it in the basement back to the pipes that feed the kitchen sink. I had heard you can get a cover for the faucet to keep it from freezing in the winter. I asked about it at the local hardware store...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks