Search results

1. M

Need electric water heater placement/design advice

I have looked at Tankless on demand systems; the natural gas unit is expensive, pricey to install, and the technology is still hit or miss(IMHO). Not worth the cost, plus, my house is strictly electric, no gas, and we all know electric on demand systems arent worth mentioning at all. Again...
  2. M

OK, sounds like I'm beating a dead horse, cant hurt to ask. thanks for your advice.
  3. M

Thanks Gary, Yup, the copper will be pricey, but I feel like its worth it. Can you imagine what wife would say if old copper pipe starts leaking 6 months after renovation is done?. If you are married, you know that the extra dollars are well spent;) last question, any idea the minimum...
  4. M

Am replacing all copper for several reasons: its not alot of pipe and its 40plus yrs old. about 25% of basement is plumbed w/Qest lawsuit pipe. Whole space is completely gutted and all pipework is accessible. And the biggest reason, the copper is now paper thin, can't even cut the pipe...
  5. M

Hey everyone, first post, appreciate any advice. I am remodeling the basement in my small 60's split level ranch, currently gutted, getting ready for the permit stage. Am going to replace all copper pipes in house and am also relocating electric water heater to under the stairs. I have...