Search results

1. SteV8e

Black (gray) hot water from tub only

I am getting sediment from my hot water supply through my tub faucet. The water has a gray appearance due to fine black sediment in the water. My water heater is about one year old, and I am not having this problem at my bathroom nor my kitchen sink. What could be the source? What is the...
  2. SteV8e

Smelly Hot Water

I recently experienced smelly water (suddenly) from an old (15+ years) Montgomery Wards water heater. A plumber quoted me $250 to replace the magnesium rod or $600 to replace the whole water heater. I had him install a new GE 50 gallon electric water heater. Three weeks later the smell is...
  3. SteV8e

Why can't I Dry-fit PVC fittings?

I was not able to find any 3D CAD models for PVC/ABS fittings, so I made the ones I needed. Let me know if you would like me to share them with you. One might not use them when laying out a drain, but with something more sophisticated (central vac) or a frame like I am building, they will be...
  4. SteV8e

Phil: Thanks for the link to Spears; it has detailed dimensions for the fittings. I had received some specs from McMaster-Carr for the manufacturere Nibco, but not as detailed as the Spears drawings. I had to delete the ) from the end of the Spears link to get it work. I think that I...
  5. SteV8e

I ran into that dry-fit problem too. My application is different because I am using the pvc to build frames. My son and I are building a trebuchet and the frames will be 2" pvc. The treb will be made of two complex 3D frames that are a mirror image of one another. Each half includes a double...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks