Search results

1. Nicholasrellim

Toto drake still the best choice? Help me pick a toilet!

Need to order a couple toilets today for my remodel. Will be living in this place for many years to come. Want to but good toilets. From previous posts it seems the Toto drake is a good product. So my current short list is the drake model CST776CSFG It has the cefiontech coating that was...
  2. Nicholasrellim

Looking for shower advice. Kerdi? Traditional? Laticrete?

So I’m moving right along with my one man, 3 year remodel of my house. This forum has been a great source of information. Getting ready to build the showers. Now, I’ve always planned to do them the traditional way. Shower pan, mud bed, cement board walls. It’s something I’ve done a few times...
  3. Nicholasrellim

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Thats about how I’m seeing it. Part of why I picked the Uponor was seeing its wide spread use and the minimal talk of problems. There’s got to be over a billion feet of this stuff out there. Seems like I’ve got about as much chance of hitting the lotto.
  4. Nicholasrellim

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Well this is alarming! In 2020 I repiped the house I’m remodeling. After reading and researching, decided the Uponor pex was the deal. We are now in the final stages of this project and now I find out this product is possibly no good! It would be quite the task to redo this. But way easier than...
  5. Nicholasrellim

Adding gravel to softener.

That’s pretty much what I was thinking. Going to give this a try, as I should have put gravel in in the first place! Love this site. Always great to get some good advice from knowledgeable folks.
  6. Nicholasrellim

That’s correct, 10x54 tanks. Not even sure what I should expect for flow restrictions. Just seems like a lot. So do you think adding gravel and letting it settle to the bottom without removing the resin first sounds like a reasonable plan? Would save an awful lot of work if I could do it that way.
  7. Nicholasrellim

Actually, that’s not a terrible idea! The second tank is very easy to disconnect and open. May be a good thing to try before disconnecting everything and opening the first tank. Really just dreading dumping all the resin out. Would like to avoid that. Thanks for that idea.
  8. Nicholasrellim

Resin is new. It’s on a well and never exposed to chlorine. It’s dropping about 10 psi at 8 to 10 gpm. Probably always worked this way and never noticed since I didn’t have a gauge after the softener. It didn’t have any gravel in it before so when I replaced the resin I just went back to the...
  9. Nicholasrellim

I have a 1.5 cu ft twin tank softener and I’m getting a significant pressure drop at high flow rates. I know that there is no gravel. I’m pretty sure that’s what’s causing this. So, I’m thinking, if I were to add the gravel I need without emptying the resin out of the tanks, it would settle to...
  10. Nicholasrellim

Where to get parts for well pump

From the web site, I get the impression they want you to take it to their dealer. Funny how I can buy any part I want online for a pool pump, but well pump parts are taboo! It’s just that one that’s labeled national pump. The other 3 are just have the motor label and that it. Two are century...
  11. Nicholasrellim

Where to get parts for well pump

Can anyone tell me who manufactures these pumps and where to get parts? We have 4 of these pumps, with various brands of motors on them. The one with the National pump label on it shows up on the web site but there’s no parts list. Suppose I could email them but it seems this is a sort of...
  12. Nicholasrellim

Review of DWV plan

Excellent. Thank you! I’ve got the vertical clearance to put a wye on the south toilet, so all good there. I really appreciate the advice!
  13. Nicholasrellim

Review of DWV plan

Been reading everything I can find and this wet vent thing has me confused!
  14. Nicholasrellim

Review of DWV plan

Made some changes to the plans. On my north bath, the smaller one, I just can’t see any better way of doing it. Could add a second vent near toilet, but it seems unnecessary. Also revised for the actual location of the 3 inch existing pipe. Got it dig up today and it actually a few inches off of...
  15. Nicholasrellim

Review of DWV plan

Thank you! Those links have some great info. I realized that I can add a vent between my tub and shower and get the trap arms shorter. Not to mention less digging! Still confused on the ipc and upc difference on length. But shorter is better. I’m still confused on wet vents. Thought the way I...
  16. Nicholasrellim

Review of DWV plan

Hi all. I’ve attached some pics of my DWV plans. To explain my sketchy sketches, first 2 pics show the bathrooms I’ll be installing. 3rd is the overall layout of the house with the existing pipe. This is a concrete slab house, so all of this is in the ground. That said, I can move anything...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks