Search results

1. Rerod

Low water consumption and plugged drain pipes go hand-in-hand?

I am reading in more than one place that this is the case. I do maintenance in a building that was built in 1912 and we are in the process of switching toilet diaphragms to 1.6 gallons per flush when the old 2.4 diaphragms fail. I’m trying to warn management that this is a bad decision but...
  2. Rerod

Are there any 6000 btu mini splits that only cool?

Thanks folks.. No typo.. 10,000 sq foot roof will be a agricultural canopy roof with no walls. Underneath will be my shanty town. But in order to retain my low property taxes, I thought the living quarters needed to be moveable or non-permanent like on skids which I was planning. But it...
  3. Rerod

OK, but does the mini split stat allow me to lock in the lowest compressor speed/tonnage, regardless if it runs 12 hours straight set to 71? I think the logic will want a set amount of "cycles per hour".. I prefer to have AC sized where the inside temperature drops 1/2 - 1/4 degree per hour...
  4. Rerod

Yeah.. But mine will be a 10,000 sq' canopy roof. 9000 btu is to much cooling and I don't want a smart stat thinking it knows better than me. I think I will try the window shaker hack for my super efficient studio. Where you duct it in to isolate it on the ground..
  5. Rerod

But 9000 btu mini split would be over sized, and any 6000 btu I can find is more $..
  6. Rerod

I haven't even designed the home, and also wondered if it could be reverse sized. Meaning given a certain piece of equipment, like the 6k Mitsubishi you mentioned, how large of a PGH or pretty good house could one cool? (R20 floor/40 walls/60 ceiling) I don't really agree when you say mini...
  7. Rerod

Thanks. If I could find a inverter mini split that could actually dial back from 30k heat to 9k cool. I might consider one.. But I'm reading allot of complaints about symptoms of being over-sized like poor humidity removal and musty, moldy smells from the unit.
  8. Rerod

I just don't want the reversing valve and related components failing, if I plan on heating with propane.. Does anyone know of a brand that is only cooling? Thanks
  9. Rerod

Undersized Mitsubishi mini-split condenser (5C42NA2)?

Yes don't immediately throw more tons at the issue.. A properly sized AC runs continuously on the hottest days of the year.
  10. Rerod

Stainless Steel Shower Base Installation

Old thread.. I just wonder why no one makes a decent mass produced stainless shower receptor/base and enclosure? Sinks and counter tops are popular. Keeping up with the joneses and planned obsolesce..
  11. Rerod

DIY no grout solid surface shower suggestions?

Thanks Thanks Mike. No, I'm not reinventing the wheel and considering a complete SS kit. The Onyx 54" shower tray/pan is the closest I can find to my 57" space. So I was leaning that direction since they offer a complete kit. But I'm disappointed that the Onyx collection has a sealer...
  12. Rerod

Thanks Terry. Doesn't cultured marble have a clear coat on it? Id like to have something that is sand-able/buff-able for when someone who's renting my home leaves a stain. Jim and Mike.. Im not throwing the my tile consideration out the window yet.. But asking about solid surface over on...
  13. Rerod

Just to give you a idea how I roll, I just bought a pair of speed queen's after my Maytag commercials failed after 18 years. So I'm the type who's not afraid to spend money for something that should last decades. I'm not wealthy, but I think it pays in the long run. I bought my fixer-upper...
  14. Rerod

How do I enlarge an existing hole through concrete block?

I realize this is a old thread.. But I need to drill this same hole, except through 10" of poured. Maybe I should rethink this and go up through the ceiling and out in a joist space instead.
  15. Rerod

replacing bath fan

Funny I havent replaced mine yet. They just keep running. But looking for parts for a panasonic fan brought me to this thread. Long story short. Panasonic wants $50 to send the poor guy a knob that was missing to begin with.. What a crock!
  16. Rerod

Idea for small bathroom spaces

WOW Only after 10 years? You must have more time than I do.
  17. Rerod

Space saving storage..High quality bath cabinet recommendations?

I have two small 5x8 baths which need redone. I'm looking for ideas on space saving.. Storage etc.. Here's one.. http://www.concealedcabinet.com/Testimonials.html And can anyone recommend the cabinet makers they are satisfied with?
  18. Rerod

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

I had 3 ADA drakes installed for my dad. These things are great and what I will order when Iv had enough of my old kohler's. Highly recommended!
  19. Rerod

Sink Removal

Another sink removal. I know this is a older thread, but I thought Id ask here as not to start a new one. My cast iron sink was installed with what looks like latex caulk. No brackets or clips. The caulk is probably 40 years old and so hard I can barely push a super sharp awl into it. Can...
  20. Rerod

Which old Delta do I have? Pic

eh?:confused: What.. Youve never bought something new that was a pile of junk compared to the old? One example. My old german Magnesium 056 stihl chain saw. It still cuts harder than any new plastic (and I wont dare mention where its made) stihl. And the list goes on. All I asked is if...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks