Search results

1. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Chair rail may be a little low-and may compete with the vanity. We are going with the Toto round Ultramax instead of the Elongated with CEFIONTECT (upset about losing the CEFIONTECT-but then again-this is not a toilet to be used as often as the one upstairs with the CEFIONTECT...). We will...
  2. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Unfortunately some 33+ years ago they did it that way but only put up wallpaper! ;) Best, Michael
  3. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Good idea regarding the shelf. Is there any danger in not having the tank near the wall? Thanks!! Michael
  4. M

Toilet Flange - tile install

Hey Jerome-if there is plywood already down, I would put in 1/4" to 1/2" CBU (Cement Backer Board such as Hardibacker) with a layer of latex or acrylic modified thinset under it. Then fill the gaps (1/8") with more thinset until level, then press in 2" fiberglass tape (alkali resistant designed...
  5. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Would it be worth installing a 1" offset flange to move the toilet back 1"??? How would it work with a Toto with G-Max? Thanks! Michael
  6. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Thanks Jim. We are sticking with Toto. Unfortunately the elongated Ultramax with CEFIONTECT is going back for the round one without the CEFIONTECT :(
  7. M

Hardi backerboard over luan

100% Agree with Jim. Head over to JohnBridge.com. Between his site and this site, you've got the two best resources on the Internet. You must rip up that floor. You will need two layers of plywood. You will need Hardibacker put on with modified thinset. You will need to reinforce that floor...
  8. M

13" Rough In....UGH!!

Okay-here's the dilemna... Some 33+ years ago, the owners prior to the prior owners (keeping up with me) put in a 1/2 bath next to the den in what was part of the garage (2 car garage became a 1 1/2 car garage-now to find a 1/2 car-but I digress). Besides putting in an odd marble slab of...
  9. M

not quite 5' for bathtub

You probably have a 60" alcove. You'll only be able to measure after you rip out the walls... Do you know if the walls surrounding the tub have been replaced/remodeled? Most tubs will fit in a 60" alcove, then at least 1/2" is added to either side via drywall or greenboard back in the day...
  10. M

Air tub blower placement

I can't speak for your system, but one of the reasons we chose the Bain Ultra Duo was seeing the demo at the dealer. They deliberately kept the motor underneath the tub rather than remotely mounting it because it was so reasonably quiet compared to other tubs we'd seen/heard. The water seemed...
  11. M

Outlet location for Hansgrohe Showerbar/Raindance Hose & Head

Hi Folks, First Post! We are in the process of roughing in our remodel (gutted) big bathroom. We decided to go with a Bain Ultra Duo air tub with a Hansgrohe shower body. We have a spout for the tub and the Thermobalance II for the controls. Rather than a standard shower head, we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks