Outlet location for Hansgrohe Showerbar/Raindance Hose & Head

Users who are viewing this thread

Mickster

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First Post!

We are in the process of roughing in our remodel (gutted) big bathroom.

We decided to go with a Bain Ultra Duo air tub with a Hansgrohe shower body.

We have a spout for the tub and the Thermobalance II for the controls.

Rather than a standard shower head, we decided to go with a wallbar with hand shower mounted on the 36" bar.

Because we have no shower head, per se, I would like a recommendation as to where to mount the outlet that will connect to the hose for the hand shower:

Should it be low, near the Thermobalance II, or high up, where a traditional showerhead would emerge?

Am I making any sense?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Put it where the hose will allow you to reach the back corners of the tub so you can get close when you want to rinse down the thing, but high enough so you can mount it so a tall person can still hold it and reach over their back and rinse off. Keep in mind the drape...you don't want the thing to drape on your tub rim or filler normally when it is mounted on the bar, either. It might take a little play acting in the tub with someone holding the end to see what works out for you. If you have some little ones sitting in the tub, you want to easily get the hand shower around them which minimizes the spray pattern spread. They'd normally be sitting propped up against the end wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks