Search results

1. L

Toilet Flange

Both Good points. Guess I was just a little reluctant to cut up the floor I just completed due to a small measuring error. Thanks guys !! I'll do the correct think to save me future issues.
  2. L

Toilet Flange

Unfortunatly the way the house is built it's stucko below (the outside of the house.) overhangs. What about 3 or 4 flange extenders? or can you not stack them up like that? Thanks for the input!! I would attach a picture, but something is blocking the pop up that attaches the photo.
  3. L

Toilet Flange

ABS 4 INCH I unscrewed from the floor and got 1/4 inch lift, however due to the elbow it will not lift any more. I would hate to cut up this floor, any other sugestions?
  4. L

Toilet Flange

I'm putting new flooring in a toliet room and must raise the flooring a bit to match the existing flooring where the shower is. So must add 3/4 inch plywood and then wonderboard and then the tile or tavertine. Could be close to a 2 inch raise. My question is: with this increase in floor height...
  5. L

Final black pipe cap that goes under the toilet

Securing my final toilet pipes and was curious do I use the black pipe glue to secure the final flange piece that goes under the toilet and above the plywood floor?? or just screw that to the floor? Won't it leak without glue?
  6. L

Toilet vent

I heard there cannot be many 90 degree bent and 45's were o.k. (thus I did 1 90) and the location where this project is I need the bends to route the sewer. Not trying to minimize anything I do think the gentelman which said I should be o.k. even up to 10 feet may be correct. I'ts literally a...
  7. L

Toilet vent

The position 3 feet away from the existing location and will have a downward flow and only one 90 degree angle from the new location just below the toilet the rest are 45 degree bends. The existing vent is vertical off a drop to the first floor and goes up to the attic and out. Let me know if...
  8. L

my delta one handle shower faucet

Good idea, I've blown it out twice so I'll try delta. Also when I tightened the ring harder using a pipe wrench sealing the whole unit it does not get stuck 'on' but still drips from the spout. I have to untighten the 'knob' from the 'off' position to slow the drip. Pain... Thanks for your input
  9. L

Toilet vent

Vent Thanks Terry, Great site you have. So my 3 feet to the existing vent shold be o.k. Great
  10. L

my delta one handle shower faucet

Installed new yet it drips when completely shut off but untwisting stips the drip (annoying) then after many uses sometimes the faucet get's stuck on. Then I find myself having to disassemble the unit to try to stop the drip. Model#1348 bought from Home depot. Already saudered to tub pipes, so...
  11. L

Toilet vent

I'm moving my 2nd bathroom toilet into an unused cavity in my home. It's about a 3 foot move from the current location and will allow the kids some privacy while others are brushing their teeth 'example'. Question is: can I use the vent that exist now? 3 feet away or should I put one closer to...
  12. L

Single faucet shower/bath Blues

Thanks, I'll give it a try
  13. L

Single Faucet shower bath blues

So I'm working on moving my master bedroom bath sinks closer for my new double sink vanity. Turning off the main waterline must have dislodged something because when I turn on the water to the house, my newly sweated pipes work well but my shower only dribbles. I DID NOT TOUCH THE SHOWER PIPES...
  14. L

Single faucet shower/bath Blues

So I'm working on moving my master bedroom bath sinks closer for my new double sink vanity. Turning off the main waterline must have dislodged something because when I turn on the water to the house, my newly sweated pipes work well but my shower only dribbles. I DID NOT TOUCH THE SHOWER PIPES...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks