Search results

1. Eatsleepfly

What is the best way to replace a kitchen clean out and p trap?

Here are some much better pictures. Doesn't look like a fernco will fit with the wye to the cleanout there. The one picture in the wall is looking up at the connection to the vent.
  2. Eatsleepfly

No hub, I believe. House built in 1972. There is a vent pipe but it is pvc.
  3. Eatsleepfly

Working on a kitchen remodel and am looking for guidance on the best practice to replace a kitchen clean out and p trap. The clean out is on the outside of the house and has corroded completely through the cast iron pipe and is held in place by a rubber coupling. Should I just use a Fernco...
  4. Eatsleepfly

Installing a Kohler Villager Cast Iron Tub

So, at the urging of ya'll in another thread I had a plumber install my Kohler Villager. $500 later and the tub has a wicked wobble. He installed it with a ledger board then shoved it hard up against the wall to minimize the wobble. I called the plumber and he is telling me to use hard...
  5. Eatsleepfly

How do I attach a new tub drain to existing sewer connection?

Haha, I appreciate the reply HJ. Are there any tubs that you would recommend over the villager for a first time installer?
  6. Eatsleepfly

Thanks for the reply. I'll dig down tonight and see what I find. Any suggestions for tubs that aren't as heavy but still quality? I just don't want to remodel this bathroom again for a very, very long time. I had a plumber come quote me today to do the tub/shower install with myself providing...
  7. Eatsleepfly

Hello all, I've just moved into my first house and on day one a wall of tile fell down in my bathtub. I'm trying to DIY remodel the whole bathroom and have completed demo. My next step is to install the bathtub and that's where I'm stuck. I've researched thoroughly but no one explains in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks