Search results

1. Troutd0g

Seal the gap between shower valve sleeve and escutcheon???

In a recently completed shower rebuild, I used kerdi membrane for walls and floor and kerdi seal gaskets for the shower head and shower valve penetrations/openings. Great. The valve cover has a narrow foam gasket on the backside that presumably prevents water running down the wall from...
  2. Troutd0g

O-ring sealed quick-connect tub drains - Trouble-free? or Avoid them?

I'm an accomplished DIYer, not a pro plumber. As part of master bath renovation I'm replacing a large built-in tub with a freestanding tub. Thankfully I only need to move the drain p-trap a few inches to accommodate the tub drain location. The question is how to connect the tub tailpiece to...
  3. Troutd0g

Can vent tie-in be lower than highest point in vent path to stack?

I am adding a basement bathroom. The floor is structural (wood over metal joists) so I have good access to drain pipes beneath the floor. There are drain/vent stacks on opposite ends of the basement which serve the upper levels of the house - one on each side of the I-beam. The nearest stack is...
  4. Troutd0g

Will Fernco coupler in shower drain be prone to clogging?

Converted 1.5" tub drain to 2" for shower. Due to a slightly jagged cut as a result of tight access to the ABS pipes a fernco coupler was used. Will this be more prone to clogging?
  5. Troutd0g

Plumber didn't center shower drain rough in under the drain hole - how big a problem is this?

In my bathroom remodel I am converting tub to shower. I cut a new drain hole in the subfloor and removed an adjacent section of subfloor to get access to the plumbing. Hired licensed plumber to convert the 1.5" tub drain, p-trap and vent with 2" and relocate the drain to the center of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks