Search results

1. Terry Coen

Working on well. Need one more bit of advice

Thanks to all for help and support on my well questions - I need one more bit of advice. As stated in an earlier post, I have a 2” well casing with a 2-pipe jet pump adapter that was buried about 5’ deep and 10’ away from the house. The well is about 30’ deep. I want to replace the old...
  2. Terry Coen

Can I replace galvanized drop pipe in 2" well with black poly?

Hello again - could you provide more detail on "Special adapters"? Are they something readily available at Menard's or Home Depot? Thanks again for your advice - much appreciated
  3. Terry Coen

Thanks to all for help and support on my well questions - I need one more bit of advice. I have decided to go with the 1" schedule 80 pipe and special adapters; this seems like it will be the easiest to work with in the cold weather. My problem (or question) is that I intend to place the new...
  4. Terry Coen

Hello again Craigpump, Sorry for the dumb question concerning using brass or stainless fittings - not awake yet. Why schedule 40 fittings? Smaller diameter to get into the 2" well? Thanks again
  5. Terry Coen

Good morning Craigpump, thanks for the response. I agree on both issues (natural curve and dealing with clamps), my goal was to get away from galvanized pipe. Is it better to use the schedule 40 PVC fittings or would it make sense to use brass or stainless fitting for more strength? Thanks again...
  6. Terry Coen

Hello all, earlier this week I learned that I had a 2" well casing with an adapter for a dual-line jet pump. I have pulled the galvanized drop pipe and have ordered a new casing adapter kit (Flotec FP 4840), along with a new pump (Flotec 4332) . My question is can I replace all of the existing...
  7. Terry Coen

Well problems - need help!

Good morning Texas Wellman; thanks for the follow-up. I didn't actually unscrew it, I was working on trying to pull the whole assembly up and tapped the side of the casing adapter with a small hammer to break it loose, the adapter came off the pipe rather easily - the pipe must have been just...
  8. Terry Coen

Thanks for the info Reach4. No, I don't really want to restore the old system, just not sure I can afford to have everything replaced at this time.
  9. Terry Coen

Thanks for the info, will there be a foot valve at the end of the pipe? Any idea where I would purchase the new casing adapter?
  10. Terry Coen

Hello out there, I recently purchased an older home to renovate. The water system was not working. We located the well head about 10 feet out from the house and about 5 feet deep. The item in the photo was bolted to a three bolt flange on the 2" well casing - there is a single galvanized pipe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks