Search results

1. mccabegc

Softener sizing

Reach, thank you for you help and your honesty! Ditto and I have been in communication and my new system has been ordered! 1.5 cu ft softener and 1.5 cu ft katalox filtration. (No chemical feed at this time)
  2. mccabegc

Softener sizing

and would a greensand filter maybe not be better for my situation since there is also some manganese in my water?
  3. mccabegc

Softener sizing

ugh, I should absolutely stick to wastewater lol. Say I go with a backwashing filter as you did. Should that be sized to match the softener? Since iron removal is required and there are potential concerns the 64k system will not backwash often enough should I go back to your original specs of...
  4. mccabegc

Softener sizing

ok, it took me a little while to get back. I have 3 baths in the house, but only 1 has a tub. The others are stall showers. The bath tub filled a 3 gallon bucket in 48 seconds. So for the sake of whole numbers, 3.5gpm. So accounting for potential flow rates as ditto stated and also using the...
  5. mccabegc

Softener sizing

based upon my iron levels, .24 mg/l I believe without looking at the report, how much of a concern will iron removal be with my new softener? I will get a representative flow number from a tub this evening and hopefully I can start to piece this system together. Like I said, I have been...
  6. mccabegc

Corrosivity, Ryznar Index

Copper throughout the house. No leaks, that I have seen. I agree, I am not sure what my level of concern should be. I think I will continue with my plan for a softener and in line filters and monitor this in a future test. Why? Because I do not know what else to do at this point lol. I...
  7. mccabegc

Softener sizing

Sorry I was not more clear. I have zero intention of buying from a big box store. I have already done enough research to know that those units are over priced and low quality. Sizing my new softener is my main concern at this time. I was thinking of a Fleck 7000sxt unit. Of course as I was...
  8. mccabegc

Based upon that calculator my Ryznar number jumped to 12.68 PHS 10.19 and Langelier -2.49 Very concerned as my pH is within normal range but my corrosive numbers are high.
  9. mccabegc

That was my first thought. When I first paged through the report yesterday, I thought I was in good shape, mildly hard water,and some odors. Add a softener and some in line filters for light odors and I'd be good to go. Last night I took a closer look and found that number.
  10. mccabegc

pH is 7.7 Hardness 80.6 mg/l - 4.7gpg Calcium 29.3 mg/l Magnesium 1.8 mg/l Manganese .099 mg/l Conductivity 190 micromhos/cm I will do a search as you suggested to see what I come up with. Thank You
  11. mccabegc

I am not sure if this falls under the softening category of not so I didn't want to lump it in my previous post. My recent lab results have this listed as 8.3 S.U. I am having a hard time finding info on dealing with corrosive conditions. Any advice would be great!!
  12. mccabegc

Softener sizing

I need help folks. I am pulling what little hair I have out of my head trying to figure out what sized softener to pickup. I have read a ton and either, I am not "getting it" or there is conflicting info. So I have moderately hard water. Just over 5gpg and a low iron content of of .26 mg/l, 3...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks