Search results

1. nelsonr

Softener regen trips UV sensor

I have a Viqua VH410M UV light which includes a UV sensor. There's a solenoid valve that will shut off if the sensor detects less than a certain UV intensity (I think 50%). Every so often the UV sensor trips but the UV light still functions so I do one 12-hour manual override and it keeps...
  2. nelsonr

Sealing pipe threads with large gap

I have a big blue water filter I'm having a hard time sealing. It has 1" NPT metal and I've got pipe with 1" MPT, also metal. I think the filter is low quality, I'm not finding any brand name on it. There's a large gap between both threads (not tapered) and before I go and buy another filter...
  3. nelsonr

Simple way to connect pressure gauge to CPVC

I'd like to connect pressure gauges between filters as compact as possible and using the least amount of parts. I'm having trouble finding anything reasonable other than SharkBite gauges. I've got 1" CPVC CTS pipe and the largest pressure gauge thread I found was 1/4". Seems easy enough...
  4. nelsonr

Expansion tank after filters/softener?

One of the reasons for an expansion tank in a closed system is to allow for expansion due to the water heater. With my current setup that works fine: Well -> expansion tank -> well pressure sensor -> UV -> water heater I'm planning on adding filters and a water softener after the pressure...
  5. nelsonr

Radon removal carbon specs

We have 3031 pCi/L radon in our water. It appears that's not an enormous amount, but it's not low either. I see references online about using a larger (10" wide) backwashable granular activated carbon filter to trap the radon and let it decay. It seems to me a regular 20" big blue activated...
  6. nelsonr

Can twin-tank softener be scheduled to regenerate at night

One of the drawbacks of a twin-tank softener seems to be that as soon as tank A uses the preset amount of water it will switch to tank B and immediately start regeneration. Of course that happens when you are using water which is likely during the day when you most need it. With a large tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks