Search results

1. reissgirl

Gas water heater Pressure Release Valve and Extra Hot Water

Another 24 hours have passed and all is working well. I didn’t feel the increased temperature - my husband commented when he was doing the dishes about 2 hours before we found the leak. Maybe he was mistaken about the extra hot water but it’s doubtful. I assumed that the thermostat was broken...
  2. reissgirl

I shut the water and gas to the HW heater. 24 hours later I turned it back on and the water in my sink was hot. We only have one unit. Sounds like it was well insulated. When the unit was shut down no water came out of the faucet when turned to hot so it wasn’t used up I suppose.
  3. reissgirl

I don’t have an expansion tank. I know the T&P valve was doing its job when it leaked. I’m glad it did! Can it fail in a way that could cause extra hot water? Why did replacing the valve seemingly fix the problem? And why was the water instantly hot after the unit had been shut down for 24 hours?
  4. reissgirl

I have a 2004 Whirlpool GAS hot water heater. Last night my water seemed hotter than usual. Two hours later I noticed my water heater's temperature & pressure release valve was leaking. I replaced the T&P valve about 24 hours after noticing the leak. The water temperature was almost instantly...
  5. reissgirl

Insinkerator, Best garbage disposal?

Doh, didn't think of that. It is attached to a wall switch so of course it needs to be hard wired to that switch. Thanks!
  6. reissgirl

I knew I could count on everyone here to steer me in the right direction. Thank you! After reading a bit more it looks like the Pro 750 is comparable to the Evolution Essential with upgrades of antimicrobial baffle and auto-reverse. I think the Pro750/Essential will be more than adequate, unless...
  7. reissgirl

Our 1/2HP Badger garbage disposal needs to be replaced (it came with the house and it's leaking beyond repair). We are a family of 5 and cook a lot, although I don't use the garbage disposal as a garbage. I've read good reviews for the WasteKing L-8000 and the InSinkerator Evolution. There's a...
  8. reissgirl

How many gallons - Drake II?

I'm getting a Toto Drake II but I'm confused by the different water consumption options. Is one preferable over the other? Thanks!
  9. reissgirl

Easiest to clean?

My Totos aren't having any problems. Those are from a previous house. I've had to replace some of the guts on all 3 of those Totos but they're otherwise great. And by great I mean that I never gave them another thought after installing them 10 years ago. The toilet that won't get clean is an old...
  10. reissgirl

Easiest to clean?

Incentives to sell Icera? That certainly does sway my confidence in the advice I got. To be fair, I asked what to look at besides Toto. Terry, you do live in my area (lucky me!!!) but I've always installed toilets myself. Done it many times and never had a problem. Is there a reason I can't do...
  11. reissgirl

Easiest to clean?

Ok, I'm back on the Toto train. I put 3 Totos in my last house. Does the unglazed portion make any difference for odors (if I don't get the Drake or Carlyle)? Does anyone have the Carlyle - the skirt looks like it dips towards the back. Is that so you can get behind the toilet more easily? I...
  12. reissgirl

Easiest to clean?

Just got back from the plumbing supply store thinking that I would leave with a Toto. Instead I left confused and considering an Icera toilet. Why? Because they seem so darn easy to clean. I have two boys and our old Kohler toilet smells awful no matter how much I clean it. The seats on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks