Search results

1. Garnet

How to remove casing on jet pump?

I have a 1/2 hp shallow well jet pump. The brand is Home Plumber professional series from home hardware. I want to replace impeller. Instructions said to remove 4 bolts and the casing. Does not say how to remove casing. I have been pulling and prying but doesn't budge. With the 4 bolts...
  2. Garnet

How strong should the suction be on a properly working pump?

I have a 1/3 hp shallow well pump. I have about 2 feet of pipe attached to intake hole with a check valve at the end. Then about six more inches of pipe after check valve. I prime the pump and turn it on. I hold my hand over end of pipe to feel suction. Barely anything. Shouldn't it be stronger...
  3. Garnet

Pump doesn't seem to pull water

I have a red jacket shallow well pump. It's 1/2hp. The model is 50rjas. I currently do not have it hooked up to my house. I am just testing it out. After I prime it and turn it on, I do not feel much suction at the inlet hose. In fact I am not sure if I feel anything at all. Should there be...
  4. Garnet

If a check valve drips a tiny bit is it useless?

I just got new check valve as pump kept losing prime. After stuggling ti get pump primed i took new valve back out and poured bit of water in it and it dribbled out. Took it back to store amd they said that was a faulty one and gave me another new one. I installed it and have water working for a...
  5. Garnet

Pump sounds like its not primed but has water at priming hole

I thought my shallow well jet pump had lost its prime as i had no water in house suddenly. I left tub and sink tap open and went to pump to see if i could prime it. When i opened priming plug there was water right there and overflowed out of priming hole so cant add water. Now no clue what could...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks