Search results

1. Jaylivi

Rust Out Water Softener Cleaner?

Does Rust Out work, and is it safe to treat softener resin? I'm on a well and deal with hard water, and I drink this water and am not sure about introducing more chemicals into my system. I already have a KL filter with H202 backwash, but want the softener's help too.
  2. Jaylivi

A leak, hard water and draining w/ recirculating pump?

I have a 7 year old gas hot water tank with a grundfos recirculating pump. The tank caught my attention because there was a puddle of water underneath the tank, and when I took off the cover at the bottom and removed insulation, the bottom of the tank was wet. I noticed a slow leak directly...
  3. Jaylivi

Pressure tank adjustment means switch adjustment too?

Hello again, I recently added more pressure to my two pressure tanks to 38lbs (cut in at 40). This caused my water pressure to drop quite a big, cutting out at about 45. It was noticeable with the first shower as the pressure fell quite quickly. I'm guessing that I now need to adjust the switch...
  4. Jaylivi

Peroxide injection ratio to KL filter

Good mornning, I finally installed a softener and KL backwashing system with hydrogen peroxide injection. The tank for the hydrogen peroxide solution is quite large and I believe I need to mix it with water, but how do I know how much water to use with one gallon of nuetra sul 7% solution? My...
  5. Jaylivi

Selecting a replacement pump

I may replace my current pump, which I believe was installed three years ago by the original owner. The current Gould submersible is 1/2 hp and pumps only 5 gpm. I want to add backwashing filters to my filtration system, and rather than choose equipment for iron/sulfate removal that I don't...
  6. Jaylivi

Sulfate and Iron removal

Hello again, I have sulfate (213 mg/l) and iron 2.6 mg/l and a rotten egg smell that goes away after shock chlorination and returns several weeks later to both hot and cold water. I was eyeing a katalox system and so tested my pump to see if I could support backwashing. My gpm is only 5 from a...
  7. Jaylivi

Installing softener; redesigning my system?

After my pressure tank, I have a 20" BB sediment filter, carbon filter and iron filter that is followed by a UV filter. I will be adding a new softener (Fleck 5600sxt), and a larger xtrol pressure tank, and have two questions: 1. Can I keep my current pressure tank, which is small but only 2.5...
  8. Jaylivi

Softener size and unit?

I want to purchase a softener soon and would appreciate suggestions on which softener to go with, and what size. Currently, I have BB sediment, carbon and iron filter followed by a UV light. My latest test results were: ph 7.3 cond 930 ms/kl (have no idea what this is) sulfate 213 mg/l...
  9. Jaylivi

Sulfur smell

Recently purchased a home on a well. No one had lived there for about two years, though the pressure tank and pump had been replaced in 2014. There was no filtration, and I have not shock chlorinated. Test results: iron 2.61 mg/l sulfate 52.6 mg/l nitrate o.15 mg/l pH 7.8 hardness 400 mgl After...
  10. Jaylivi

New water softener system opinions please

I recently bought a home with well water. The pump and pressure tank were recently replaced prior to my purchase, but it has no additional equipment. I believe i need to treat for iron and hardness. test report: iron 2.61mg/l, hardness 400 mg/l, sulfate 52.8mg/l, nitrate .15 mg/l I've...