Search results

1. Meshell_45

Need advice about liabilty

And I didn't mean liability but just feel I hired someone and we had discussion about one verses two more than once and nothing was said...then the store tells me my matching handles should fit...someone that knew this could be an issue since I had older valves I feel could have been proactive...
  2. Meshell_45

Should have asked him we did have a short convo about one verses two valve and told him I had found two handles to go on. I figured since the store told me they were right and he didn't say anything... I literally thought there were one valve and two...didn't have a clue they were made to go...
  3. Meshell_45

I ordered them...guess it's my fault for not checking with contractor...ugh...I didn't have a clue...expensive lesson it's gonna be...
  4. Meshell_45

I can access from behind. I have an access panel. Yeah I didn't want to cut through my waterproofing...
  5. Meshell_45

Not just money invested but I designed my tile to go with my bronze and I refuse to live with mismatched finishes with what I have invested and returning it all would be a nightmare online. I guess it will just be another lesson learned to have a contract. Thank you for your help.
  6. Meshell_45

I have offered to pay to have the new valve put in but now he says he is still "hopeful" it can be installed from plumbing access. I just keep thinking if I had a contract to switch out handles that they would have to be done before or after. I just wish I would have known but I didn't have a...
  7. Meshell_45

After the fact, I found out my valve is moen and I had all Delta collection. Moen makes nothing in bronze for that valve. It was build.com. They sent me new handles and a new valve. I had it in writing from sending them a picture of my handles that were on my tub before the remodel.
  8. Meshell_45

Oh and I have kerdi behind the tile, can I cut into that if need be? Ughh what a mess...I just wanted to invest in my house and make my bathroom nice...and never have to worry about finishes etc and be done with it...
  9. Meshell_45

Hi there some input from all you plumbers would be much appreciated. I don't want to put the blame on the wrong person. I ordered handles to go with my updated fixtures when doing a tub surround. I checked with the store and they told me that they would work. I had two handle acrylic handles...
  10. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

It's amazing stuff. Worth every penny to know I will never have to tear my shower out, that is turning out beyond beautiful by the way, for even a little bit of mold. Thank God for Schulter!!!! I think in the end it made it easier to tile too with smooth walls. So thankful for them and my...
  11. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Of course I have no use for anything with organic fibers that is absorbent anywhere near water source!!!
  12. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Do you think thats why laticrete did not adhere to the hardibacker? After that the hardibacker came down, he never even tried bonding kerdi to hardibacker. We switched to durock. After I found that the "mold resistant" hardibacker had 10% cellucose. I had just read that someone else had issue...
  13. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

I'm sure drywall would been sufficient but honestly drywall in a wet area with plumbing that you'd have to tear wall out scares the hell out of me. It's a sponge and mold haven that you can't safely or effectively clean mold off of.
  14. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

I took off work today. By time morning came I was about to have break down. He came and could have diamond bit a space for wicking but put his fingernail and seen if laticrete adhered and it peeled off. He said it's not right, it's coming down. I knew he'd make it right but there is always that...
  15. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Is the kerdi membrane applied with thinset over drywall good??
  16. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

And I'm not mad please don't run down my contractor. He has honestly done everything he can to help me. I have no doubts he'll fix it but he is old school and doesn't know anything about the newer waterproofing products. Super good guy and people make mistakes. Just trying to figure out where to...
  17. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Yeah I seen the videos. The membrane applied over drywall...didn't look too bad...I'm sick about it...thanks for your help.
  18. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

I'm not DIY ing it I'm trying to find a way to water proof it. My contractor has never used any waterproofing. I researched and though just doing the laticrete is sufficient but I just learned that hardibacker is not 100% cb. I'm just someone crazy allergic to aspergillus and alternaria mold...
  19. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Well my tub cracked...it's coming down. It's not sticking to the hardi backer in places. It's coming down. Lowes is the only store we have here within an hour...then Menard and home depot 2 hours almost. Lowes has the band. Is that as water proof as the kerdi board? They told me weeks for the...
  20. Meshell_45

Tub surround walls

Oh my....thank you and no did do lots of research and did not use a vapor barrier. I did not see anything on the thickness. Hydro barrier website says when you can't see the substrate it is covered...thank you. I will call them today as I only have a very thin layer and doing the rest tonight.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks