Search results

1. Rmelo99

New water softener with turbulator

Quick question hopefully you smart folks can help confirm as I can’t find the answer online. Just got a new water softener with a Flex 5600 and turbulator. Does the small strainer basket not get installed on the control head when there is a turbulator in the tank? Thanks!
  2. Rmelo99

Well Water Treatment Help

water goes from pressure tank to the larger tank on the right and the output of that goes into the smaller tank and then the sediment filter last
  3. Rmelo99

Thanks for the replies. The smaller tank is the one one with a line to the salt tank so I’m guessing that’s the softener one. The larger tank is probably a 12”+ diameter. They are both connected to the same backwash pipe that’s my well guy redid. I don’t know which is responsible for the brown...
  4. Rmelo99

Former city boy has moved into the country and the new house has a well/septic. We had a very good/honest well guy come out couple years ago when we bought the place. The pressure tank failed so we hade a new one put in. The sinks/toilets were all orange iron stained when we moved in. That's no...
  5. Rmelo99

Help with Riello Burner on Buderus (Short Cycling)

Hi all, Hoping you can help me out. I purchased a house with a Buderus Logano G215 paired with a Riello 40 F5 burner that provides DHW and 3 zones of heating via circulators feeding hydro air units. We had it serviced in Feb '19 by the HVAC company that replaced our Hydro Air handlers and...
  6. Rmelo99

Help identifying valve manufacturer

Well I guess searching on this forum is better than Google! I found this thread https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/danze-5020-57-can-someone-id-this-valve-and-help-me-fix-it.37897/ It was Danze and he said 5020-57..... And it looks like I've got my answer! Going to reach out to...
  7. Rmelo99

Help identifying valve manufacturer

Hi everyone. I could use help identifying the manufacturer of this shower/tub valve with the divertor on the main valve. It also has stops on the valve. I believe it is leaking from the diverter. Did some internet searching and it looks like it may be Danze. It is from 2006/2007 timeframe...
  8. Rmelo99

Help with tub supply/drain rough

1.) Most of the freestanding tub faucets/fillers I have found are single and appear to have their own mounting flange & connections. The limited selection of separate hot and cold pipe (like old clawfoot style) appear to require wall supports. There are a few that appear to be self supporting...
  9. Rmelo99

I believe it’s for a freestanding tub. Going to also assume there is a p-trap below. I can only see this working if I use a drop in tub that I build an enclosure for. I would much rather do a freestanding. Is my only option to open up that tile to see what’s going on and/or reconfigure the...
  10. Rmelo99

Hi all, It’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I’m back for some help from the great people who contribute on this forum. We’re looking at this house that was new construction build that some of the final fixtures and finishes were never done. In the master the plumbing for the tub is...
  11. Rmelo99

Copper Flare nut on Main Supply line

Hey Everyone, My latest realestate purchase was stripped of copper, which is pretty common for REOs. We're on city water and in Connecticut. Usually the main lines come into the basement around 4-5ft below grade. This last house the main comes in right near the basement floor and consists of...
  12. Rmelo99

Double Sanitee Vs Double Wye

If I wanted to use a combo on the way out so the back side is my cleanout and the top is where I tie in my drains, can I use a double elbow? http://www.pexsupply.com/Spears-P327-040-4-PVC-90-Double-Elbow or a Double Wye...
  13. Rmelo99

Double Sanitee Vs Double Wye

My sewer line exits through the sidewall of my basement about 3ft below grade and about 3ft above basement floor. I need to tie in two 4" drains from the floors above, one coming from left and one from right. (and leave a cleanout also). It appears that either of these double DWV fittings...
  14. Rmelo99

Knew They Would Catch Some of Ya'll

Just saw the same reported on the news nearby about sewer grates being stolen. Police said local metal scrapyards "will not" buy them. If thats the case then where are they going? http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/thieves-swipe-sewer-grates-in-new-haven
  15. Rmelo99

Boiler Sizing and Heat Load/Loss

I have a "supply" of base-ray that I got from a co-worker, when his father passed. Probably about 60' ft or so if i had to guess. I LOVE this stuff. It was installed probably in the 40-50's to replace the full size cast iron radiators, but they only did the 1st and 2nd floor, and for whatever...
  16. Rmelo99

The new boiler will be installed by yours truly so costs are limited to some parts. If I did a mod-con I would probably vent out of the wall so as to not have to deal with lining my HUGE and VERY tall chimney. The cast-iron radiation can prob be run at a lower temp, with the exception of 2...
  17. Rmelo99

Dana, First , thank you VERY much for taking the time to look over my numbers, I was hoping you would chime in. You hit on some very pertinent points to my situation. 1.) The current boiler is not ancient, its a 70's era SlantFin in very good shape just oversized. 2.) The house is very...
  18. Rmelo99

I was reading some other posts and wanted to see how "over" sized my boiler is and what my real heat loss is. I am familiar with Manual J, but have never fully completed one for my house. I kept seeing mention of using historical Degree Day Data and Past Fuel Usage in other posts. I gathered...
  19. Rmelo99

How do I replace this pex fitting w/o buying a special tool?

It looks like you have enough pipe to cut the pex and old valve off and do your tile job. Once done you can replace the valve with a Sharkbite fitting. No tools required. BTW they are referred to as Supply Stops The big orange place stocks these. Brasscraft also makes a "push-on" valve for use...
  20. Rmelo99

What is this?????----Septic Tank Riser

I'm no expert on septics, but for my sewer the cleanout that was brought up to the yard was PVC and had a traditional screw on cap to cover when not in use. It looks like someone used this corrugated pipe as a tunnel of sorts to get to a cleanout located a few feet underground. I'll let the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks