Search results

1. ToiletFlapper

Washer drain pipe

Amazing, it passed inspection and sold in a "civilized country". Guess your "opinion", based on nothing but your own emotions, was wrong....
  2. ToiletFlapper

Washer drain pipe

It's a general inspection for a house sale, not a plumbing specific inspection by a plumbing company or the city inspector... I'm looking for exactly what I asked in my first post, along with pictures: how do I ensure this joint doesn't leak? Just tighten the hose clamp? What?
  3. ToiletFlapper

Washer drain pipe

Does anybody have anything actually useful to say?
  4. ToiletFlapper

Washer drain pipe

Strange, it's passed inspection 6 times in the past 20 years that the house has changed hands.
  5. ToiletFlapper

Washer drain pipe

So I just had all the galvanized plumbing in my house replaced with PEX. One issue apparently was that the room where the washer and dryer were didn't have a crawl space. So they ran the water lines in the attic and down the wall, but couldn't apparently do much with the drain pipe pictured...
  6. ToiletFlapper

Bathroom faucets only trickling water, kitchen is fine

Well, I got the sink hot AND cold working fine just by removing the aerator AND the line under the sink to the hot water handle then putting it back together. Unfortunately attempts by me and a plumber to do this with the shower made no difference. It seems that the mixer valve/pipe in the wall...
  7. ToiletFlapper

Well, Terry, it was indeed the aerator at least for the cold water in the bathroom sink. Took the thing off and bam, sediment and rocks galore came out with a gush of water like a river. Unfortunately the hot water was still only a trickle, so the water heater is my next target. Do I need to...
  8. ToiletFlapper

Yeah, I saw the thing about aerators online when googling, but the shower head was replaced long ago and worked just fine for 6 years up until a few days ago. The bathroom sink was replaced 15 months ago exactly. Yet both have this issue. Also, how do you clean the aerator or flow restrictor on...
  9. ToiletFlapper

The tub faucet is close to the outside wall but not coming out of the outside wall itself. The bathroom sink faucet is closer to the interior of the house. But, the kitchen sink is on an outside wall and has no issues. The bathroom sink and kitchen sink faucets have been replaced in the past...
  10. ToiletFlapper

House was vacant for maybe 2 weeks and fine, even during a cold spell. All faucets worked normal well into December. Had heat on low. End of December I go and check the house and the bathroom is now trickling water out of the bathtub faucet and the bathroom sink. Check the kitchen and it's fine...
  11. ToiletFlapper

Toilet still leaking after replacing flapper, possibly worse than before

Guess what? While cleaning the area around the tube of grit and letting it dry, it snapped, right at the base! So my flapper repair was all for nothing. At least if I replace the entire assembly. Maybe I can get away with finding a smaller tube that will fit in the spot where it broke off and...
  12. ToiletFlapper

I do believe the flapper was part of the problem but is now fixed, and that the tube is also leaking. The water would drain just to the edge of the lowest portion of the flapper before (the flapper and seat are slanted). Now, with the putty flapper (as I like to call it, it's a flapper with a...
  13. ToiletFlapper

Forgot to mention yeah, there is enough slack for it to sit. I even try pushing the flapper down and holding with my hand and it still leaks. No chain caught under it. Thanks though, never know, sometimes it is some of the most simplest/obvious things that people overlook just because they think...
  14. ToiletFlapper

Funny you post those two links. I got back from the store and got a few different things to try, and two of them were EXACTLY what you posted. The third was something the girl in plumbing recommended, but it was just a different flapper, I didn't think it would work. Where does the black...
  15. ToiletFlapper

Tried new flapper again after cleaning flapper seat area with a rag to clear any slime and grit that may have been there. STILL leaking. Ugh... I know I got the right sized flapper. Heck, the old one doesn't work either so WTF? If it's not the rubber seal below it, and not the tube, and doesn't...
  16. ToiletFlapper

UPDATE: It looks like the water finished draining below the tube joint overnight, and is pooling up juuust to the edge of the flapper, while the area just below the flapper is still filled with water. This would indicate that the seal that is part of /sits at the bottom of the assembly for this...
  17. ToiletFlapper

Toilet has been running water constantly after flushing unless the water is turned off. So I replaced the flapper and now it seems to be still leaking, possibly worse. Before I could have sworn if I turned the water off, it would stop running. Now when I turn the water off, it still runs until...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks