Search results

1. doktrred

Troubleshooting well problems

Sorry it's taken me a while to get back with y'all. I put an amp meter on one of the legs at the breaker and got very low reading. Less than 1 amp(on the 20 amp scale). A well guy is coming this Saturday to look at things and I will try to let y'all know what he says. Thanks again for the help.
  2. doktrred

So the breaker might be easier. does it matter which hot leg I clamp at the breaker?
  3. doktrred

Thanks for the info, I will see if I have time today to hook up an ammeter( not sure if there is enough room in the power/junction box to hook a meter, may have to pop the well cap.
  4. doktrred

So it would be better to leave the valve at the cistern open, which I had barely cracked open, and let pump run dry and then restart in 90 minutes, then to let it fill the pressure tank, then the pressure tank slowly empties then it refills the tank type thing? I''m trying to learn so I don't...
  5. doktrred

Valveman, If the well has water and the pump is pumping(just not to a pressure tank), so it never shuts off, would it be running at max amp capacity, but not high enough to trigger the controller to shut the pump off?
  6. doktrred

Reach4, thanks for the reply. I will try and get a pic this evening. What I am calling the controller is designed to shut the pump off with low water conditions, and it did just that in the past(last few years). There were many times over the last few years, that the red light would be on...
  7. doktrred

I have an 85 ' well with a pump and a well controller. The pump was replaced approximately 8 years ago. This well pumps uphill about 50 yards and I'd guess 12' elevation to a cistern I installed 10 years ago or so. Last Friday, I ran out of water in the cistern. I was on way to work, so I...
  8. doktrred

Which PVC?

Thanks, I haven't decided exactly where I'm going to put the tank yet, but probably within 200-250 ft of the house. Actually, I'm thinking about filling the tank from 2 wells ( the existing well has temporarrily run "dry" once this summer, so we drilled another well and only got 1 GPM !!!!)...
  9. doktrred

Which PVC?

Which "schedule" PVC would ya'll recommend for a burried run to and from an above ground water storage tank/cistern? It would be from the well to the storage tank, then from storage tank to a pressure tank then to the house. I think the inlet is 1 1/2" and the outlet is 2". Not sure if I am...
  10. doktrred

Well Shuts Off-ants

For those wanting an organic solution........there is a guy out of Dallas calls himself the dirt doctor, swears that fire ants hate molasses! I haven't tryed it but supposedly either liquid molasses sprayed on or dry molasses spread and watered in. Not sure it wouldn't attract sugar ants...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks