Search results

1. pho

Resin spilling out at backwash cycle in Culligan WS

Very interesting. I never heard about BLFC before and I've to dig further. Thanks
  2. pho

Thanks. I agree with you that Flex is a good brand, their products are well designed, parts could be easily found..
  3. pho

Thanks... Since my WS seems to be working please, please educate me about setting the brine time based on the daily gpm, the hardness, the capacity of the machine and the gallon before recycling. I see calculation of lbs of salt too I thought that setting the hardness will automatically adjust...
  4. pho

Advise to remove a Flex control from tank and conversion from WS to Sediment Filter

Thank you very sir, Mr Dittohead... This is the reply I am waiting a long time. !) Please clarify: You can even replace the injector with an injector plug internally, this will only save you a gallon of water when the system cycles. Where is the injector anyway and injector plug internally ? 2)...
  5. pho

Thank you. I like to buy the Molykote, but a little too much for the filter O ring job. What are its other usage for ? Could it be used as pipe sealant thread instead of Teflon tape ? Have a nice Sunday. My avatar is our dog pic we've from the Humane Society. She could pick up a treat in our...
  6. pho

Which is better ? Danco Perfect Match: Silicone Grease or Dow Corning Molykote 111 Compound 5.3oz
  7. pho

Thank you all. I've been able to make a long handle with 2 pieces of plywood, 1 piece carved by a router to sink the old handle wrench and I've been able to remove the canister. I will buy Molykote-111 later, meanwhile I spay silicone on the seal and it help. I've to tighten the canister, but...
  8. pho

Advise to remove a Flex control from tank and conversion from WS to Sediment Filter

Thank youReach4 and Byteme. It is true that it would take only 10-15mn for the lake pump to fill out a 600 gallon cistern tank at 5 psi that we use for 3 days. It is helped by another booster pump to do the hard work of cycling to 50-75 psi. I forget to mention that my pump is also used to...
  9. pho

Thank you Reach4. I've talked about my system in the thread: Resin spilling out at backwash cycle in Culligan WS Here is my actual system: 2hp lake pump ----600' 2" pvc----sand filter -->600 gal cistern --> 2hp booster pump -->(Sediment + UV filter) -->2 pressure tanks 70 gal water...
  10. pho

How to best control well pump and cistern

The internet/forums would help you a lot and you've also do by trials and errors. Yet, it is not a one time deal with a perfect installation. You could fix leaking pipes or make improvements along the way since you are a handy person. I build a very nice pump house with insulation, sheet rock...
  11. pho

Thank you for all the advices given to me for my recent thread about the resin spilling out of my Culligan. It works fine now with the new resin. I've a while ago a dual tank WS from our rental house. It belong to the previous owner. Seems like a Flex 9000 with 2 tanks size 8"* 44" each. I've...
  12. pho

No load sensor shutting off pump near 50 psi

Whenever we add a device for safeguarding the main element (pump), we get more problem. You could clean the contact with the spay electrical cleaner since it is a very strong solvent I've do so successfully with my pump contacts point without the pain of replacing the contactor. The contact...
  13. pho

Need new softener design. Take a look! NSFW

Hi Byteme, It is my turn to contribute to your thread... When we bough our lake house 20 years ago, it has well water which is very hard and smell sulfur badly. If you spray it with a hose sprayer, you could smell the odor and 'see' the gas. The previous owner has a genius system which is...
  14. pho

How to best control well pump and cistern

In my thread about "Resin spilling out at backwash cycle in Culligan WS", I've talked a little bit about my water system. I wish having a hill like yours, providing free 40 psi. 1- You could use it for your household water need without a booster pump. After a while you will be used with 40 psi...
  15. pho

It leak when I bough it and the seller deliver new o ring bit it doesn't help. I am thinking about using a large plumber wrench with big jaws and worry about braking the canister. With a pressure so hi, I guess your RO has a pump and doesn't need to back wash 1 gallon for each gallon used. What...
  16. pho

Thank you Mr Reach4. If I've time, I will measure the amp at my booster pump at different flow condition and will let you know. I've another problem and hope some suggestions . I will keep in the same topic instead of starting a new thread. I've trouble removing the canister from my large dual...
  17. pho

Before answering mr Byte me, let me tell the good new: Last night the WS has recycled and no resin is spilled out. As indicated by a member, we should notify to the forum about the result of the suggestions. Let me add also that once a member has spend the time to write it down for you and you...
  18. pho

Thank you for your responses and I appreciate it. This is a reply to Mr Byteme. I’ve put some thoughs about the CSV and don’t see yet the benefit unless the flow usage is well known with the correct pump gpm and csv installed. The water usage in any house, facilities varies a lot and is very...
  19. pho

To answer Mr Bannerman’s: You make a very good point of resin expanding 50%, therefore the 17” could not be enough. However it happens with the old resin from the original machine that has been thru so many backwashes. The water is drawn from Lake Travis in Austin which is a large flood control...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks