Search results

1. Bob Gall

Bathroom sink drain pipe gasket slips

Hello, I’m trying to replace the gasket on my sink drain pipe. However the gasket I bought slips into the drain because the size of the down pipe is too big for the gasket. The gasket fits perfectly on the lip of the bottom part just slips into the drain when tightening. Sorry I don’t know all...
  2. Bob Gall

Tailpipe length

I’m wondering how far the tailpipe should go into the ptrap on a bathroom sink? Should I trim it if it goes too far in?
  3. Bob Gall

How to fill sink overflow?

I’m trying to clean out the overflow with cleaner. I’m trying to figure out what to put where the pop up is to prevent solution from leaking out. I want to keep the solution in there overnight. Is there a good way to accomplish this? Also, what’s the best solution to remove a lingering odor...
  4. Bob Gall

T&P Valve leaking slightly after drain and refill, warm to touch

I was wondering if the t&p is supposed to drip periodically? It seemed to drip a bit during the drain and refill. It doesn't seem to be dripping now. Does it normally drip under certain conditions, like after a drain and refill or does it normally not drip at all? Is it supposed to be...
  5. Bob Gall

TOTO Drake II CST454CEFG - Leak and fixed

Hi, Just reporting that I replaced out my flapper and the fill valve. I used the following parts: Korky 3060 Flapper - Adjustment set to 6 Korky 528MP (Silver) - Fill Value Everything seems to be working good. I had to adjust the fill valve one notch lower after I initially installed it so...
  6. Bob Gall

Toilet Suggestions for Family of 5

Hi guys, I've been looking at toilets, as I bought a house built in the 70s and don't think the toilets have ever been swapped out, so I have concerns over the wax ring primarily and issues that can arise from older toilets. The toilet in the master bath sits lower, maybe because the round-in...
  7. Bob Gall

Dripping sound behind bath wall

I have a one-piece shower with the tub. Today I noticed a dripping sound behind the wall, and it wasn't coming from the drain. I turned off the shut off valve on the cold and hot water and the dripping went away. When I turned them back on there was no dripping sound. I bought the house about 2...
  8. Bob Gall

Mixet valve replacement gone bad after a week

Hi all, I replaced two mixet valves in my new house about 2 weeks ago. I used this valve as a replacement for both: http://www.lowes.com/pd_42931-1366-88200_0__?productId=1086495 On the master bath, I had a tight fit due to the o-ring being more round than the previous valve, which has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks