Search results

1. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

If I do this can I drain into the main stack or does it not matter which one I use?
  2. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

I posted two options, one ties the upstairs drain into the vent stack on 1st floor, (this is an industrial workspace so I have plenty of space to connect the drain below the vent), and the other ties it into the far left aux drain. Is there an issue connecting the upstairs bathroom to the aux...
  3. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

So even from this ISO picture, there are some pipes that are waste on the bottom and vents on top. Even if this is for a single fixture, it's still waste.
  4. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

I am not sure why this is so cryptic, either that sink is draining into a pipe that is acting as a drain on the lower section and has a vent above it or not.
  5. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

Right now nothing drains into it and it stops at the ceiling of the 1st floor. It was put in for the upstairs bath to drain into but I was hoping to be able to drain that bath into the main stack.
  6. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

Isn't this sink draining into the vent stack?
  7. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

So it seems like connecting to the aux drain and running a vent from the aux drain to the stack is the better solution.
  8. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

Not sure where the difference is. There is no waste entering my pipe above the vent, same as your drawing. What am I missing?
  9. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

I circled a vent on your drawing that is below the upstairs fixtures. Does this one not count?
  10. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

Ok sorry my question seems to be bothering you but as I mentioned in the first post, my plumber disappeared and I am in the process of finding a new one but don't want to just leave everything. Isn't the drain from the sink the same pipe / or in line with the same pipe as the vent for the sink...
  11. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

it seems from your picture attached hat this drain is a vent above and a drain below. can i drain into the stack under the vent attment?
  12. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

Ok, so can I run the upstairs bath drain and vent to the main stack and not use the aux? See attached.
  13. johnbin

Plumbing venting system

I am finishing the work from a plumber I hired who disappeared. Besides the point really but now I am trying to move this forward until I can find a new plumber to help finish this workshop. I am trying to figure out the venting system and have attached a crude picture of what I am considering...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks