Search results

1. msimm15

Controlling Daikin Heat pump and Hot water boiler/Heating with single thermostat

Hi I am researching ideas to have a single thermostat to control both my Diakin Mini Split AC and my gas boiler. The Daikin units allow for installation of a wired thermostat - the DAikin Envi which is essentially an Ecobee Smart SI redone specifically for Daikins mini split but with only 6 main...
  2. msimm15

Question about Delta Rough in valves - shower only vs shower and bath

The original pipe was brass I believe. I measure the I.D. with a digital micrometer and it was about 5/8"
  3. msimm15

Ok I follow not the issue with the anti scald. In that case I would have to boost it when it comes into the house
  4. msimm15

I put a gauge on the shower head connection (removed head and connected gauge). I only checked static pressure, didnt have a change to put the gauge on to check residual
  5. msimm15

What I meant by boosting the hot side was - boosting the cold into the indirect boiler, is it really such a problem if I boost to 65 psi ?
  6. msimm15

I can get 45-50 psi on each shower alone, but with all them running its pretty poor. I havent checked actual pressure with them running yet.
  7. msimm15

Yeah thats basically my problem, 2 of the showers are one on top of the other (2nd and 3rd floor), both fed from a 1/2" pipe riser. The original riser was (about) 1/2" so it was just continued up to the 3rd floor for new shower. The 3rd shower is in the basement and closer to the original 3/4"...
  8. msimm15

My issue is really more when I have another shower or 2 running at the same time. The 3rd (shower only rough in) suffers. Would I benefit by flipping the piping to run off the tub connection
  9. msimm15

I just read on another post that either the rough in should have been flipped so the tub end was facing up and the shower end gets capped or the shower end should have been capped and the shower should have been piped with elbows up from the bottom ? oops - is this a big deal ? I have access to...
  10. msimm15

Hi I had a question regarding pressure loss on the Delta rough in valves. I know the rough in comes as a shower only with no connection on the bottom and as a shower + bath - with the connections on top and bottom. When looking inside the Shower/Bath rough in there is a tube inside that sends...
  11. msimm15

Indirect DHW tank fed off boiler that may be too small

Thanks for all the responses. Bgard - in response to your questions - the indirect is piped with 1" supply and return to the boiler and it's a got a good pump on it so that part should be fine. Jadnashua - regarding the drain heat exchanger - I would love to do it but it would involve too...
  12. msimm15

I installed the LAHARA®TempAssure 17T Series Shower Trim
  13. msimm15

Jadnashua, thanks for the response - that was exactly the reason why I installed the Delta 17t in the first place. - which doesnt seem to be doing its job. If I am correct I thought the 17t is a thermostatic valve. The indirect is not wired as a priority - the plumber was so sure it wouldnt...
  14. msimm15

Thank you for the response Dana, unfortunately the drain heat exchanger isn't ideal in my case because I would have to rip open walls to get to the drain which is no HUB piping. I raised the temp on the indirect up to 160. The limiter was set at 150 so I had to move it. The system has on it a...
  15. msimm15

One idea I also thought of was to install a separate electric instant hot water heater in the attic for just that shower and have that as an isolated system not fed from the main boiler. I ran wires for a 30 amp circuit in case I needed to go that route but that is a last resort
  16. msimm15

Sorry for the long post but here it goes - any help is greatly appreciated. Little background first: We recently (2yrs ago) converted out heating from oil/steam to gas/hot water. My house is 4 stories - 18'x34', (basement, 1st floor,2nd, & finished attic) and is attached on both sides. I...
  17. msimm15

Planning an oil to gas conversion, what boiler should I get to avoid short cycling

Hi I have a 4 story 18x34 house attached on both sides in Queens NY the back is in direct sunlight and doesnt need much heat at all, on a 30 degree winter day/night the radiators in the back rooms were closed and sometimes I had to open the windows a bit while the radiators in the front were...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks