Search results

1. AliInBaltimore

mortar from tile job is stuck in P-trap

If your PVC eventually connects to cast iron, muriatic acid might not be a good idea.
  2. AliInBaltimore

Should I redo these plumbing "joints"

Ugh, I wish you hadn't written the water thing, now it'll always be in the back of my mind. My current plumber is pro-CPVC because he is always getting calls for PEX installs that have failed (i.e., developed a leak.) From his experience, it would seem PEX requires more skill to install correctly.
  3. AliInBaltimore

PEX vs. CPVC...should I find a new plumber?

Thanks for this great thread! I've also run into the PEX vs CPVC conundrum recently, with my current plumber a huge CPVC fan. He likes many features of CPVC. ("It has flex.") But his main gripe: The vast majority of his leak repairs are for faulty PEX installs. He says he has no choice but...
  4. AliInBaltimore

Yes! That's what the green ones were called. One of the plumbers mentioned it and said he didn't have that special tool, so he does it another way.
  5. AliInBaltimore

I've had two plumbers who've looked at this previous work and highly recommend redoing it. They both said the plumbing in green was done well, and the one in red is likely to give problems down the road. I think the issue was with the red items being nonthreaded, but I can't recall for certain...
  6. AliInBaltimore

Attaching new basement drain to cast iron sewage pipe

Aside from code violations, why is it a bad idea to make a vent connection to an existing vent? All the other vents for the other bathrooms, including the ones for the existing plumbing in this basement bathroom, are shared. Also, curious to know if plumbing work is done without permits, could...
  7. AliInBaltimore

The existing vents are closeby and shouldn't be an issue. I'm assuming the procedure to attach the drain is something like this: I was more concerned with hearing some feedback from people who've completed this sort of project and, e.g., there haven't been any complicated for 5 or more years...
  8. AliInBaltimore

I have a house built in the mid-1980's. The main sewage line is cast iron and under the basement concrete floor. The basement bathroom only has sink and toilet drains. I wish to add plumbing for a shower drain. I am nervous to break the concrete and cut into the main sewage line, especially...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks