Search results

1. Eric Wininger

Natural Gas leak outside of house

Gas company was no-show for fixing the "very small" outdoor leak after the meter and for raising the partially mulch covered meter. I theorize if they raised the meter it would be placed past the leaking joint, hence the natural gas company would cover the repair? Of note, I don't smell any...
  2. Eric Wininger

Natural Gas leak outside of house

During a free energy audit in NJ by the gas company they detected a "small" gas leak in the gas line about 2 feet after the meter but outside of the house (at a joint). The auditor called the gas company that sent a second truck that tightened the connection but said there is still a "very...
  3. Eric Wininger

Help With Moen Lav Faucet

I give up on getting this faucet open. Bought a new faucet a home depot and I have a plumber coming on Thursday to install. $164 per hour + $59.95 to show up.
  4. Eric Wininger

I tried to take it apart to lube it but the screw is too tight. While trying to remove the screw I managed to strip it. Now how do I remove a stripped screw? See picture. I also attached a picture of the original faucet if this can help anyone identify it. It is the original faucet/knob that...
  5. Eric Wininger

Faucet works and does not leak. But it is very stiff. 1) Do I need a new cartridge? 2) Can someone identify what model this is so I can get a free replacement parts from Moen. I don't see any identifying numbers on the faucet. See attached picture.
  6. Eric Wininger

Plumbing Nightmare - see picture- ? Let him keep going or get someone else?

Too late now... In fairness to the plumber, both the hot and cold pipes already froze & burst above the unheated garage. I doubt I would have signed off on just moving them from above to adjacent to the garage even with an obscene amount of insulation.
  7. Eric Wininger

I'm not a carpenter, but I believe I could have done better myself with the proper equipment. In addition, he dripped spackle onto the hardwood floor. Any ideas how to get that out? This soffit is on the ceiling of the 1st floor of the house. It was elected to not put the pipes between the...
  8. Eric Wininger

It looks terrible and it is NOT acceptable to me. What is the proper protocol for this? Don't let him come back to finish? Am I over-reacting?
  9. Eric Wininger

I've posted a new picture to explain. The paper underneath the soffit is level. There is a quarter on the right side for reference. You can see it is approximately the width of a quarter (1 inch) off of level. The entire soffit is six inches. Hence I would estimate the entire soffit is 1/6 = 16%...
  10. Eric Wininger

Sheet rock is NOT level. It is approximately 5 degrees off of level. You can tell this somewhat from the picture. The framing is covered with sheetrock so I can not tell if it is level. It is NOT level in both planes. Both the horizontal sheetrock and the vertical sheetrock are about 5 degrees...
  11. Eric Wininger

Hired plumber to reroute pipes that froze and burst this past winter. He moved the pipes to the ceiling on an adjacent room and has them hanging from straps (not flush with ceiling). He then created a soffit but it is un-level and looks terrible. Granted, he is not finished with the soffit. I...
  12. Eric Wininger

Unsolvable Problem? Frozen pipes at end of line behind shower above unheated garage

I am having quite an unsolvable problem here. I am rerouting my pipes to a heated room but it still has to terminate above unheated garage behind shower. Apparently: 1) Insulation only slows heat loss so this won't work 2) I was told today installing Watt's Sensor Valve Kit (for recirculating...
  13. Eric Wininger

Unsolvable Problem? Frozen pipes at end of line behind shower above unheated garage

Plumber started work today and he was thinking of the possibility of adding heat tape over the last foot of the plumbing line, which is above the unheated garage (the rest of the line will be moved to ceiling of heated library which is below heated bedroom). Is heat tape behind a wall a fire...
  14. Eric Wininger

"Then you need to worry about the last bit. Is there a reason the bathroom has no heat?" Bathroom has heat. But it is above an unheated garage. So the last foot of the pipe will be above the unheated garage but between the heated bedroom and heated bathroom. "This sounds good. The pipes should...
  15. Eric Wininger

Forgetting about the cost, am I better off with A or B or C? A) Rerouting pipes (between two heated rooms) and adding a third return line along with a recirculating pump? Presumably I would still have to keep the cold only dripping on cold nights? (The last one foot of the pipe would be above...
  16. Eric Wininger

I have a 2nd floor bathroom above an unheated garage. There is insulation but no heat in garage. This winter these pipes froze three times and on the final freeze both the hot and cold lines burst. It froze towards the end of the line, behind the shower. The line runs from the unfinished...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks