Search results

1. Mark Krajewski

Adding a sink in the basement to existing cast iron stack

Getting ready to start a new project later this summer. Currently, there are no plumbing fixtures in our basement. I'd like to add a sink next to the existing cast iron stack (only about 3 feet away from the stack) that services the first floor 1/2 bath and a laundry with utility sink and a...
  2. Mark Krajewski

One pipe enters, 2 sinks leave.....

Thanks to everyone who responded. Amazing that you can get many designs/opinions. Anyone else care to chime in. I have to admit, Michael Young's layout makes the plumbing very easy, and an AAV in the garage is okay by me even if it ever does smell a bit. But I have the drywall down and can...
  3. Mark Krajewski

Nothing, it's just a bad representation of a P trap given the software (PowerPoint) I was using to make the drawing. :)
  4. Mark Krajewski

Oh, and yes there is plenty of room to pitch the new horizontal drain at 1/4" per foot..... Mark
  5. Mark Krajewski

After spending much time searching the web and getting feedback on this forum, I think I have a design for adding 2 sinks to our laundry room. This is a follow-on request from an earlier post found here...
  6. Mark Krajewski

And yet another "add sink in the laundry room" post!

Our laundry room doesn't have a sink (go figure). I intend to remedy this soon. I opened the walls and there is a 2" standpipe for the washer drain connected to a 2" vent. I want to add: A utility sink in a vanity in the laundry room A wall mount utility sink in the garage (on a common wall...
  7. Mark Krajewski

And yet another laundry room in need of sink question

hj & cacher_chick, Thanks for the responses. I will use a riser clamp to support the vent pipe when doing the plumbing surgery. And if I can't move the pipe up enough to slip in the new connection and solvent weld, I will use the banded couplers (not the all rubber ones). I appreciate the...
  8. Mark Krajewski

cacher_chick, Thanks for the information. There is certainly enough room to add a sanitary tee as you suggest and that's the way I'll go. Two additional questions if you don't mind: 1) the vent above where I need to add the new sanitary tee is probably 10 feet straight up before it exits...
  9. Mark Krajewski

We recently bought a house in sunny Florida (certainly a nicer way to spend winters than in Michigan). We have a larger laundry room but were surprised there was no sink in the laundry room. After cleaning paint brushes in the kitchen sink and dumping dirty water from cleaning the floors into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks