Search results

1. Tiimyboy

house wrap for unfinished space

thanks Thank you all for the help. I think I need to read a bit more on the difference between vapor barriers and weather barriers. It seemed simple at first but now I don't feel completely comfortable. I'll look at the articles you suggested.
  2. Tiimyboy

water barrier The garage sticks out over a hillside but is not merely standing on on stilts, it is is held up by cripple walls. The space I am converting is the hollow under the garage. I just built a floor over the hill in the empty space. The cripple walls have T111 siding on them but...
  3. Tiimyboy

My house was build in 1972 and has tar paper behind T111 siding. I am in the process of building out some previously uninhabited space (basement area under the garage) and have noticed that the tar paper does not extend to this area. This is not surprising as the space was previously empty. I...
  4. Tiimyboy

Rough framing for a bathtub

Does anybody know how to frame for a bathtub (built-in on three sides)? If it is a 5 foot do I frame the walls 5 ft apart so that the flange attatches to the studs and the wall board then slides over the flange? Or do I fame it 5' 1" and put the wall board up before I install the tub?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks