Search results

1. encoad

Navian Combi Tankless NCB-240 knocking

I'm running at 12psi when cold. I do have an expansion tank which is mounted to my air vent. There is also an air vent inside the NCB-240 (which I have also never witnessed do anything)
  2. encoad

Navian Combi Tankless NCB-240 knocking

Hi Guys, Just got the radiant floor heating going today and I've got some knocking. I'm guessing this is some air? Should I just the let the system work itself out and continue to knock? Or maybe I should stop using it and try to purge the air manually (how though?). I have an automatic air...
  3. encoad

Drain in residential garage with septic

Hi All, Just to answer my own question, in the city of Ottawa, (and probably all of Ontario, maybe all of Canada), a drain in the garage is permitted under the Ontario Building Code. The only condition is that you must have a P trap and appropriate vent. It must drain to the septic system...
  4. encoad

Pump advice needed for new well

Just the pump, plus installation, pitless adapter, wire etc...
  5. encoad

As I mentioned earlier, my current level is 11.5 feet, so I think that is a reasonable buffer. The local company was suggesting a 3/4hp pump, however they wanted $1800 for it... Thanks!
  6. encoad

Ok, so I will be going with the CSV. As for the pump, I'm looking at a Goulds 18GS10422C.. Does that seem right to everyone? Thanks to everyone for their help.
  7. encoad

Checking well depth

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Good point on the lead weight, bad idea to use lead. It's not a matter of trust, I simply don't know any well drillers at all. I'm in business I regularly see people jack their prices then offer discounts, or cut quality or cut quantity. Normally I can be...
  8. encoad

Checking well depth

Hi All, Quick question, my well ended up being 200ft deep, where as my neighbours are all 165-175ft. The well driller offered me a 10% discount to give him the business, but I'm just wondering if he just increased the depth to compensate. Is it safe to change a well's depth with a piece...
  9. encoad

If it does all of those things as well or better then a traditional tank, why doesn't everyone use it?
  10. encoad

I've watched the video on the Pside Kick, but I'm not entirely sure what it does. It looks like a jet pump where it actually uses the pump from the well? Or maybe I'm off base? Is it better then a large tank? I don't mind keeping things simple.
  11. encoad

So I should be looking at Goulds 18GS in that case? I'm not worried about the sprinkers running at the same time as the shower, I can schedule around that. The shower I'm planning to design should however have some with a life guard stand. eight jets, two show heads, one wand - any...
  12. encoad

craigpump, Thanks for the tank recommendation, I'll order one of those. As for the pump itself, the consensus is just any one? Is there any disadvantage to go with a 18gpm or better pump?
  13. encoad

Hi Terry, Thanks for the reply. I'm not looking to drain the driveway, just the garage. It will not be much water, just snow melt and very occasional car washing. I just don't want the water running up to the doors and freezing them shut. I do not plan to wash any oil into the system, would...
  14. encoad

I should also say that I do have a rather complex and water hungry shower going into this home, so I'd like to get the most flow that I can afford. Here's what they recommended: To supply and install 3/4 hp, submersible pump, Well Write WR-120 pressure tank, pitless adaptor, necessary plastic...
  15. encoad

Hi Reach4, Thanks for the quick reply. I will need to supply a pitless adapter. 6 1/4" diameter well. There is no home at the time, just the well. I plan run 4" abs under the footings into the utility room in the basement and run the electrical and water line through there for convenience...
  16. encoad

Hi All, I'm building a new home in Ottawa, Canada this summer. I just got my well drilled. I'm trying to figure out what pump I should buy. Everyone seems to have their favorite brand, but I cannot seem to figure out if they're recommending the brand because its all they carry, what they...
  17. encoad

Hi All, I've been reading this forum for a while out of interest and now I have a question I hope someone can answer. I am building a new home in Greely (Ottawa) this summer. I would like to put a trough drain in the garage floor which drains into the septic system. I know that you...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks