Search results

1. cleverchimp

Redoing irrigation - Backflow Questions

Agreed. I recall these backflow were 50-60 bucks in 2022. 10% or so maybe ok but they doubled the price and I just refuse to pay the ransom money lol, hopefully they will go down to normal price again in the future.
  2. cleverchimp

Yeah, the problem is that the 3/4 metal pipe (galvanized) leaking under the concrete. The pipes inside the crawlspace is fine but I have some pipe banging issue before with city supply at 120+psi (the main reason why it was put after the PRV - I ran my valves at 4-5AM). I'm using 3/4 valves...
  3. cleverchimp

It is Zurn Wilkins Model 720A Bronze Fnpt 3/4-in Pressure Vacuum Breaker (Model #34-720A). I dont see any GPM rate on the spec but it is rated 150 psi and the supply is about 80 psi (after PRV). https://www.zurn.com/product-families/a-p/model-720a/34-720a
  4. cleverchimp

Thanks, I just know such product exist. I DIY this myself so I took a lot of pictures instead before placing the dirt back. Would it be a problem mixing 3/4 inch line with 1" line? And install 3/4" backflow before the sprinkle heads.
  5. cleverchimp

Hello all, I'm redoing my irrigation. It has 3/4" copper supply under the house that I'm planning to tie it to 1" as far as I can to the beginning of the water supply. Once the 1" copper goes outside, I will tie it to schedule 80 (thinking of doing the copper all the way to backflow but again...
  6. cleverchimp

Need help with Fleck 7000SXT programing

yes I do, I guess my question is why more people more toward setting it to SF. Some suggest 10%, most suggest 20%.
  7. cleverchimp

This is almost the same setting as the one that I come up with, except the DO, B1 and RS. RS were set CR (This is the part that I kind of confuse, many said RS and some said CR, not sure which one is better...my understanding is, they just a reserve and calculated differently), B1 is 5 minutes...
  8. cleverchimp

Right. I actually planned to use 8 pound per cubic foot, so 1.5 cubic foot that would take 12 pound of salt which translate to 4 gallon of water needed on the brine tank, with BLFC of 0.125, that takes 32 minutes. They dont use softener...they think it's too expensive, I think its a good...
  9. cleverchimp

My mistake, I guess my calculation is wrong. My water varies from 15 to 20 GPG, I guess I have to assume the worst water...which is 20 GPG. At usage of 180 gallons/day, that requires 3600 grains removal. Using C : 30k, that means 8.3 days between regeneration, make it 8 days. My resin is 10%...
  10. cleverchimp

My BLFC is 0.125 GPM actually. What is the recommended BF? I believe the default is 15, and please explain about the capacity...Gary calculator suggesting its 24K, I'm confused. The default setting on RS is RC, people have been suggesting RS, 20%. Do you know why? Also I read that if DO is...
  11. cleverchimp

I just installed the fleck 7000SXT softener and need help with programming it (48k capacity, 1.5cu ft). Based on 3 person@60 gallon, 16-17GPG hardness, assuming 3000k/day, in 8 days that come up to 24k grain. I did some research and came up with this : DF: GAL VT: dF2b CT: Fd (Meter Flow...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks