Search results

1. R

3" well pumps

My existing well has a 4" casing and its been there for a number of years. I'm looking for a 3" pump to replace one but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Here are the specs I'm trying to find: 3" 3 wire 230V 1.5+ HP capable of 12+ gpm from 100ft at 60psi Includes control panel...
  2. R

First time well pumper - pressure issue

Wow, of the ones I could find a Florida location, none have it in stock. A couple said "we don't really carry schedule 80 unless its left over from a specific job" kinda comments. There are a LOT of wells in Florida and I'm starting to wonder if this schedule 80 stuff is just overkill. <sigh>...
  3. R

Man, I've been looking everywhere and I can't find Schedule 80 threaded pipe. What kind of stores do you guys buys this from?
  4. R

Hmm, that brings up a good point. Are the pump motors designed to spin in the same direction as the threads? Seems like that would be a design requirement. And if not, how do you prevent the connections from eventually unscrewing? A torque arrestor looks like a major pain in the butt...
  5. R

Ok, so threaded metal couplings with sch 80 pipe, no teflon. Thanks!
  6. R

Ok, no rope it is. I'm trying to find some Sch 80 threaded pipe locally. I'll use some teflon tape on the threads but is there any other thing I should do to "seal" the connections?
  7. R

No rope, really? I can't tell you how many forums and pages I've read that said to use a 1/4" nylon rope to lower (and one day raise) the pump. I assumed it would alleviate some of the stress on the pvc as well. Interesting.
  8. R

I own a property that has a well installed that I'm having trouble with. Since the well was existing, I don't know much about it. Here is the info I do know: Submersible three wire w/ control box Approx. 85' - 100' depth 1 HP according to control box 1 1/4" Sch 40 PVC with glued couplers Pumps...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks