Search results

1. Crashcup

High water table - will interior perimeter drain tile help?

John, I'm no expert, but I guess that's not stopping me from commenting.... That sounds strange that the water table would be that high. I thought "water table" meant the level of water that corresponds to the water level in a nearby body of water. In other words... the water table would not go...
  2. Crashcup

Flipping Delta rough in valve for shower-only use?

Hi, I'm using delta rough in valves for a couple of bathrooms - the "multichoice" valve. One will be used for a shower only. I'm pretty sure I saw in this forum advice to install the valve upside-down in this situation to get a bit more flow for the shower. In this case the connection that...
  3. Crashcup

Repairing leak in PVC DWV joint

I have learned that it is a solvent, that sort of welds the pipes to the fittings. Not sure I see how this relates, though?
  4. Crashcup

The vacuum technique worked! Cleaned the joint as good as I could with plain water and a toothbrush. Then swabbed with primer, then turned on vacuum (shop vac connected to a CO fitting in the basement), swabbed cement around the leaking part of the joint. Had my helper cut the vacuum then...
  5. Crashcup

Thanks HJ, Reach. County requires an air test, so not much choice there. I am going to try sealing it by drawing in cement under vacuum. I know that's considered by many a temp fix, but this is my own house, and frankly with this joint on the vent stack, high in the attic, it will never see...
  6. Crashcup

Hi, hoping someone here can offer some quick advice. I'm air-testing a new PVC DWV system in our house addition (our county requires 5psi air for 15 min for the inspection). In 15 min the pressure goes from 5 psi down to about 4.2 psi, so I've got at least one leak. I've found one leak so far...
  7. Crashcup

Exceptions to horizontal venting under floor?

One of the above books is written by Howard C. Massey, a "recognized expert on the plumbing codes"... a journeyman, then master plumber, then owner of a plumbing contracting business for 15 years. 14 years as assistant plumbing chief and plans examiner in Dade County, Florida. (So described by...
  8. Crashcup

Exhausted but eager

Exhausted but eager
  9. Crashcup

Exceptions to horizontal venting under floor?

Hi, I've been reading a lot on here, and have seen it clearly stated that vents cannot run horizontally until 6" above the flood level rim of the highest fixture. But I'm confused by what I'm seeing in some books. For example, these two illustrations. One side saying "never use dry flat...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks