Search results

1. 157

Non-kit “full size” sink trap — how?

I have a 2” stubout hub in the wall and was planning on transitioning down to 1-1/2” then to a 1-1/2” trap adaptor (and then use a full-size 1-1/2” trap: NIBCO 1-1/2 in. PVC DWV Hub x Hub P-Trap). Problem is, that trap adaptor doesn’t fit the standard DWV 1-1/2”. Is there such a thing as “full...
  2. 157

Any opinions on a Fernco saddle wye for tying PVCinto cast iron vent?

I’m running a new vent out of a second-floor bathroom remodel and just did some exploratory destruction in a finished attic. The original plan was to punch a new hole through the roof for the new PVC venting, but I found that the main cast iron vent stack goes through the roof directly over the...
  3. 157

Stumped (once again) on routing vents and boring joists

I'm slogging through getting the plumbing laid out in my bathroom reno, but am currently completely stuck on routing the vent for the shower/toilet. Here's the general layout — the toilet wet vents off the shower drain, so I'm running a 2" vent (vents are in green). It goes up the wall and into...
  4. 157

In-wall toilet with 3 9/16" discharge pipe to... 3" street elbow?

I've spent the last few hours scouring the interwebs and cannot figure out how this should work — I know it's likely something simple and I'm just completely overlooking it... The in-wall toilet discharge pipe seems to be ~3 9/16" OD. I have a 3" waste line. The best guess I have is a 3x3...
  5. 157

Drain Waste Vent options — the good, the bad, the ugly.

Remodeling a second-story master bath in a 1920's house that looks like it was redone in the late 90's — hopefully by an unwitting homeowner (and not a licensed plumber) because it was vented out the side wall, half behind the window shutter: [edit: added for clarity] The PVC vent sits on top...
  6. 157

Drained heating system to replace rad valve - can't refill

3 story (2 main floors plus attic with two rads), 1920's house 14 total hydronic radiators Single zone Gas-fired Crown boiler (see pic below) Manual (?) cold water refill (see pic below) Has expansion tank on return line (see pic below) I had a leaking rad valve on the first floor. I...
  7. 157

Is twisting a P trap to offset/redirect it ever "too much" WWTD? See mockup pics...

I have a odd situation where the sink drain hole has to be a bit forward in the cabinet because of the foundation sill below. This, combined with a AAV, is causing the reach of the trap to be really far back in the cabinet. If I "twist" the P trap so it almost overlaps, it aligns with the hole...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks