Search results

1. boonetrace

Water keeps flowing through hot water pipe despite shutting off water supply valve

Thank you cacher_chick, hj, and dj2. I have already asked a friend who is a plumber to come around and replace the valve. It seems that I do not have the right tools - I spent a lot of time 2 days ago with what I had, but could not a good grip on the valve. In fact, I damaged the thread on the...
  2. boonetrace

Water keeps flowing through hot water pipe despite shutting off water supply valve

This evening I followed all of your advice and successfully drained the water from the system. I thought everything would be easy from then on, but to my frustration I could not remove that old shut off valve (the angle valve), even though I was trying everything, with all kinds of tools...
  3. boonetrace

Thank you. I will work on it tomorrow. Appreciate the input from both Terry and Reach4!
  4. boonetrace

Yesterday I looked at the water heater, and it seems (please see attached photo), that the hot water comes out of the tube which does NOT have a shut of valve (only the cold water inlet has, that blue lever thing). Because of this it seems to me that essentially I would need to shut off the cold...
  5. boonetrace

Yes, but the problem is that when I tried to remove the black 3/8" flexible pipe (sorry if I am not using the correct terminology), water was gushing out, despite the fact that I shut off the main valve in the garage. That black pipe/hose is the one which carries the hot water into the faucet. I...
  6. boonetrace

Dear Terry, Many thanks for your very fast reply. The only two main shut off valves I know about is: 1) outside of my house, 2) inside the house as the main water pipe enters the house. This latter one I closed, but to no avail. I am attaching a picture of the valve, although really the problem...
  7. boonetrace

I have recently replaced a kitchen sink faucet, and it works. However, 3 days ago suddenly the flow of the hot water through the faucet decreased by about 50%. I tried to shut off the multi-turn angle valve, but the water kept coming through the faucet. Therefore I thought that this angle valve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks