Search results

1. ajohansson

I need a softener help me pick

Been in house for a year. Water heater has lots of scale in it and im assuming pipes as well. On municipal water and here is the water report. On page 4 are the values and im in murrieta. http://www.wmwd.com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/381 Based on those values what should i get? 4 people in the...
  2. ajohansson

Reducing 2 hot water heaters to 1.

Fair warning this is long... Been in this tract home for 1 year now. It was originally built 15 years ago. Had 2 - 40 gallon atmospheric vented hot water heaters in the garage when built. Shared same 4" vent pipe up to second floor roof. . We bought it from the original owner. At some point he...
  3. ajohansson

Atmospheric Vent WH in Garage

Hi I have 2 NG atmospherically vented water heaters in my garage. I plan to put in a split ductless AC system in this summer. I have a question about the vents that are on one wall in my garage. Its obviously going to bring in outside air but the question is how much. They sit about 4" above...
  4. ajohansson

Water heater in series or so I thought...

new house to me and have been working through some plumbing stuff with all of your help! So put in my mixing valve this weekend. I have 2 water heaters. I assumed in series as the cold water inlet into one of them is hot all the time. The other water heater inlet is cold on the cold side which...
  5. ajohansson

Thermostatic Mixing Valve

whats the scoop on a thermostatic mixing valve at the hotwater outlet? set it at 120 and forget it? Reading stuff about allowing hotwater in tank to be hot enough to kill bacteria without the risk of scaulding at the point of use. seems most washing machine detergents and dishwashers are ok at...
  6. ajohansson

Thread types for water heater hoses

I am putting in a thermal expansion tank and at the same time changing out some of the flexible hoses. I notices the hoses at Home Depot say FIP female Iron Pipe but it has a gasket inside so I am assuming this would be for a straight thread male not tapered as the sealing is done by the...
  7. ajohansson

Hot water noise

New house to me but 15 year old. Two story slab on grade tract home in southern cal. master bath is directly above kitchen if hot water is turned on down stairs in kitchen I can hear a strange sound in the wall of my shower near the valve. Shower is on an exterior wall but control valve is on a...
  8. ajohansson

Sink gurgle when toilet flushes, plumber cant figure it out

I live in a one story manufactured home. Remodeled half bath but did not change any plumbing just added a new toilet and vanity. The plumbing is identical to the original. When I flush the new toilet a AS Cadet 3. I get a gurgle in the 1/2 bath sink and my kitchen sink which is next down the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks