Search results

1. ajohansson

Reducing 2 hot water heaters to 1.

I don't know how there would be anything other than one long run. If that first water heater was out and the second one was working it only affected the one bathroom up stairs. I checked all other fixtures in the house and they all had hot water except the one upstairs bath. If the first water...
  2. ajohansson

I need a softener help me pick

Ok thanks for the intel. Any particular brand that would be better than another? I have easy access straight to the sewer for regen brine water. Sounds like a 2 CUFT unit is what I will go with. How do I specify or look for the 10% crosslinked resin.
  3. ajohansson

I need a softener help me pick

Been in house for a year. Water heater has lots of scale in it and im assuming pipes as well. On municipal water and here is the water report. On page 4 are the values and im in murrieta. http://www.wmwd.com/DocumentCenter/Home/View/381 Based on those values what should i get? 4 people in the...
  4. ajohansson

I used sharkbite so no solder. Same 3/4" all the way. The size of the overall run didnt really change all I did was remove the second water heater. 3/4" pipe I have no idea how long it is. There is no alternate feed to the bathroom. I know this because if the first water heater went out that...
  5. ajohansson

Fair warning this is long... Been in this tract home for 1 year now. It was originally built 15 years ago. Had 2 - 40 gallon atmospheric vented hot water heaters in the garage when built. Shared same 4" vent pipe up to second floor roof. . We bought it from the original owner. At some point he...
  6. ajohansson

Atmospheric Vent WH in Garage

thanks the vent pipe goes all the bay to the roof of the two story house I wonder how hard it would be to get that type of vent pipe in there that has the two sections. At this point I think im just gonna replace with a regular atmospheric vent which has its own plumbing issues now which I am...
  7. ajohansson

ok thanks. As far as the water heater goes and adding a split ductless AC unit when I do replace the water heater I am going to put one in instead of two. Would it make any sense to put in a damper model and also put a damper on the vent pipe. They would fire at the same time is the plan...
  8. ajohansson

Hi I have 2 NG atmospherically vented water heaters in my garage. I plan to put in a split ductless AC system in this summer. I have a question about the vents that are on one wall in my garage. Its obviously going to bring in outside air but the question is how much. They sit about 4" above...
  9. ajohansson

Water heater in series or so I thought...

Yeah perhaps just weird that one water heater would serve one bathroom and T off to the other heater. There are 3 other full baths in the house for a total of four. Seems Like you would split the baths up. In any case thanks for your reply looks like i need another mixing valve to keep her...
  10. ajohansson

Water heater in series or so I thought...

new house to me and have been working through some plumbing stuff with all of your help! So put in my mixing valve this weekend. I have 2 water heaters. I assumed in series as the cold water inlet into one of them is hot all the time. The other water heater inlet is cold on the cold side which...
  11. ajohansson

Thermostatic Mixing Valve

Also can I get an accurate temperature from the water out of the TPR discharge line? I have two water heaters in series so I need to measure the temp of each. The last one in series I can test at a sink easily but I need to test the first one someway and was thinking releasing water out of the...
  12. ajohansson

thanks everyone. Ok I just put in a new DW and it does have a "hi-temp" wash and I will start using it. I do run the hotwater at kitchen sink so its hot when I start but I do plan on putting in a Redytemp circulator so I can stop waisting the cold water in the hot water line. Nice thing is...
  13. ajohansson

whats the scoop on a thermostatic mixing valve at the hotwater outlet? set it at 120 and forget it? Reading stuff about allowing hotwater in tank to be hot enough to kill bacteria without the risk of scaulding at the point of use. seems most washing machine detergents and dishwashers are ok at...
  14. ajohansson

Hot water noise

Ok looked at the picture again and called price-pfister and wouldnt i have water out the showerhead if the oring was leaking? Is my theory plausible without the shower head leaking? The whole thing is strange with the kitchen faucet now getting realy hot water and changing nothing there. My...
  15. ajohansson

Hot water noise

yeah those 08 price-pfister valves have an opening at the back of the brass body that gonna be constantly on and separated by an oring at the back of the balancing cartridge assembly on both the hot and cold water. If they are damaged or the the cartridge not seated I would imagine water seeping...
  16. ajohansson

Hot water noise

so get this the noise is back. this morning my son turns on hot water in his upstairs bath and I hear that water pump pulsating noise in my masterbath shower wall. I can duplicate on cue. Im pissed. So i put back on the thinking cap. I noticed that I really never had great hot water in my...
  17. ajohansson

Thread types for water heater hoses

Thanks so much for clariying! Im good to go now.
  18. ajohansson

Thread types for water heater hoses

I am putting in a thermal expansion tank and at the same time changing out some of the flexible hoses. I notices the hoses at Home Depot say FIP female Iron Pipe but it has a gasket inside so I am assuming this would be for a straight thread male not tapered as the sealing is done by the...
  19. ajohansson

Hot water noise

So read up some more and did the PRV job today. Read a great write uo on how to do the expansion tank myself and size it and get the pressure correct. Thought i would have time today but nope PRV was a bitch. Thought i would dismantle the old one to pull it out because the concrete floor of the...
  20. ajohansson

Hot water noise

so sorry for all these posts. Looks like the wilkins/zurn 600 is replaced with the 600 xl i hope this will work as a sacrifice for the parts i need. Secondly I am reading about PRVs that have bypass for thermal expansion. Not sure if the original 600 had that bypass thing or not but is it good...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks