Search results

1. n2brk

Ultra-Aire xt105h

thanks. The charge was exact and weighed in. There's a leak...somewhere. I just put in calgon "stop leak" stuff for fractional units up to 2T, and I'm waiting with my fingers crossed for now. I was hoping to hear if these are typically reliable before I resign myself to buying a new one.
  2. n2brk

Ultra-Aire xt105h

Hello - I bought and installed this unit about 5 years ago and it has been fantastic! Until now. The refrigerant leaked and short of disassembly and dunking everything, I cannot find the leak for the life of me. I suppose in hind sight, I could UV dye... but that's not the reason for my post...
  3. n2brk

Cutting outside city water shut off stem

they were the ones that won't give him a CO until it's buried deeper and covered. They are also the ones that sold him that cover.
  4. n2brk

Cutting outside city water shut off stem

Hello - my dad’s house is still trying to bounce back from superstorm Sandy. The latest problem stopping his CO is pictured below. The town says that the water shut off and clean out in the front yard need to be cut down low and they sold him the cast iron cover pictured to the right of the...
  5. n2brk

Kitchen sink venting question

got it; thanks. I'll inspect/replace the horizontal copper if necessary, remove the drain from the laundry room where it ties in, and keep everything as-is. Thanks!!
  6. n2brk

thanks for the reply, and sorry for the vague writeup of my question... this cold is knocking me for a loop, and last night was the worst :) The current position of the drain is in the middle of the window above, and this is where the new sink will also live (in the current plan), unless it...
  7. n2brk

ok, I can't seem to edit my post? Major brain fart, while I'm home sick with a fever, lol. What I meant was in my options, was to cut the horizontal pipe heading to the kitchen sink, cap it off, plumb a new kitchen sink drain to the basement, and tie it into the current drain with the kitchen...
  8. n2brk

this is a really odd one, and I am in need of some advice... First, the pictures: I demo'd my Mom's first-floor laundry room and her kitchen. The LR is becoming closet space, but the kitchen is being renovated. I found there's a vent stack off the laundry room, and I thought there...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks